Posted on: November 14, 2023
Position Type: Supply (casual, as needed) Part-Time Hourly
Locations: Various YMCA Centre Locations in Durham Region, including Uxbridge, Port Perry, Beaverton, Newcastle, Bowmanville, Enniskillen, Hampton, and Courtice
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying preferred city of work
Now hiring multiple supply (casual, as needed) child care educators to support YMCA of Greater Toronto’s licensed child care centres and before & after school programs in Port Perry, Uxbridge, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Enniskillen, Hampton, and Newcastle.
Are you looking for a rewarding career working with children? The YMCA of Greater Toronto is the largest not-for-profit provider of licensed child care in Canada, and we have been making a positive difference in our community by providing high quality child care for over 50 years!
Be the Spark! The YMCA of Greater Toronto is looking to hire professional and passionate child care professionals to join our growing team of over 50 centres throughout Durham Region. The Y is recognized as a top employer in the GTA and a top employer of young people in Canada, and our staff is the core of our success!
You will plan and deliver a consistent child-centred program in accordance with our YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum (0-6 year olds) and the YMCA Place to Connect curriculum (6-12 year olds). We are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the children and families that we serve.
SUPPLY POSITION TYPE DETAILS AND REQUIRED AVAILABILTIY:
• Supply child care educators must have at least three afternoons of availability to work weekly, Monday to Friday, from 2:00-6:00pm to be considered for a position. Opportunities to work morning, midday, split, and full day shifts also arise.
• Opening shifts can start as early as 6:30am and closing shifts can end as late as 6:00pm.
• Supply child care educators use an interactive, web-based system that allows them to select the locations where they want to work, as well as the days and times they are available to work.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Provide quality compassionate care and support to children and their families
• Build positive relationships with children and seek opportunities to deepen connections with parents and families keeping them up to date on their child’s progress
• Be a creative play partner who is actively engaged with the children and makes learning fun
• Independently ensure the safety and supervision of children at all times, while working alone and/or with other child care educators
• Understand and comply with provincial (CCEYA), municipal, and YMCA policies and procedures
• Observe and expand on children’s learning opportunities and complete required documentation of children’s development and interactions
• Listen to and respond to children’s needs which includes diapering and assisting children with toileting
• Clean and sanitize child care spaces, toys and equipment
• Prepare and serve food following YMCA health and safety protocols and procedures
• Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to child protection services
• Attend required curriculum training and professional development opportunities
• Maintain qualifications and certifications as required by the YMCA and provincial standards
• Perform other duties as assigned
$18.25-$24.00/hour (based on credentials)
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
Registered Early Childhood Educator Qualifications - $24.00/hour
• Early Childhood Educator Diploma
• Must be registered and a member in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
Early Learning Facilitator Qualifications - $21.64/hour
• Child and Youth Worker/Child and Youth Care diploma/degree or
• Bachelor of Education (and registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers) or
• Social Service Worker/Social Work diploma/degree or
• Recreation and Leisure/Recreation Therapy/Recreation Leadership diploma/degree
Early Childhood Assistant Qualifications - $18.25/hour
• High School Diploma
• Experience working with children in a child care or before and after school program setting an asset
• Minimum of six months’ experience working with young children
• Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping, pushing, carrying, and pulling; picking up a child
• Ability to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
• Flexibility and adaptability regarding assigned working hours
• Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
• Applicants are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older as per Ministry guidelines
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and values
• Focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of all children, youth, and vulnerable people in YMCA programs including understanding legal and moral obligations related to reporting suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
• YMCA Competencies: Accountable, Relationship-Builder, Improvement-Orientated, Team Player & Leader, Equity and Wellbeing Promoter
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification
• Clear Police Records Check with vulnerable sector screening dated within 6 months of hire date
• Up-to-date immunizations and TB test required by Public Health
Only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the YMCA of Greater Toronto.
Company informationCompany Name: YMCA of Greater Toronto Child Care
City: Uxbridge, Port Perry, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Newcastle
Telephone: (647) 299-5707
Why join the YMCA Child Care team?
• Advancement: Complete your Early Childhood Educator (ECE) training while working, receive ongoing professional development, and grow your career as you progress to supervisory or managerial roles
• Opportunity: Receive 1:1 mentorship from senior staff; Move between our 300+ child care centres across the GTA
• Team Work: Be part of a team and work towards a common goal of helping children ignite their true potential
• Benefits: Receive a comprehensive benefits package- including coverage for dental, massage, physiotherapy, psychology, and more (where applicable)
• Compensation: Earn a competitive full-time salary or part-time hourly rate, with paid time off including vacation, statutory holidays, and annual pay increases based on performance
• Discounts: Save on YMCA programs and services, including child care, day camp, personal training, and more
• Gym membership: Get access to all YMCA of Greater Toronto Health and Fitness centres, including swimming pools, drop-in classes, and more
Why work for the YMCA?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized as a great place to work. We offer meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities.
Joining the Y means contributing to over 165 years of providing opportunities for people to shine through programs and services like health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. Learn more in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, which outlines how we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information about starting your career in child care at the YMCA of Greater Toronto, please visit: www.ymcagta.org/BeTheSpark or email email@example.com.
Apply Online URL: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/YMC5001YMGT/JobBoard/5a314656-f42e-485b-a539-10c2b2e658f9/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f411ca01-06d8-44ea-95c5-58148e21b9fb
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL