Community Employment Services (CES) provide job seekers and employers a variety of free services related to:
- Employment research and support
- Job development
- Training and community planning
Strategically located throughout the Durham Region and West Northumberland County and supported by Durham College each CES location has a collection of local, regional and provincial employment and job search information; workshops, computers, photocopiers and fax machines necessary for job search.
CES also offers assistance with the application process to programs such as Second Career; Career and Employment counseling, Youth Job Connection: Youth Job Connection Summer, Youth Job Link, and Employing Young Talent Incentive (EYTI).
We look forward to working with you!
To be a community leader in one-stop employment research and support; job development, training and community planning, providing comprehensive resources to:
- Youth/Adults – through the support of exceptional service and opportunity
- Colleagues/Partners – to work collaboratively towards the development of innovative programs and services
- Employers – by supporting and complimenting the development of a competitive workforce
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities– in the delivery of an effective, accountable and efficient customer driven service within the parameters of continuous improvement
- Region of Durham & County of Northumberland – to sustain it as a great place to live, work and learn
- Durham College – to respect and adhere to Durham College’s Mission Statement and Shared Values regarding Integrity and transparency, Respect, Equality and Diversity, Innovation, and Personal and team Accountability