Update: March 16, 2020: DC is committed to providing safe environments for clients and employees while also ensuring the continuity of services. Until further notice our doors will be closed and we will be serving you differently in the meantime.
We will be offering online and over the phone support for employment activities.
Community Employment Services (CES) provide job seekers and employers a variety of free services related to:
- Employment research and support
- Job development
- Training and community planning
Strategically located throughout the Durham Region and West Northumberland County and supported by Durham College each CES location has a collection of local, regional and provincial employment and job search information; workshops, computers, photocopiers and fax machines necessary for job search.
CES also offers assistance with the application process to programs such as Second Career; Career and Employment counseling, Youth Job Connection and Youth Job Connection Summer.
We look forward to working with you!
To be a community leader in one-stop employment research and support; job development, training and community planning, providing comprehensive resources to:
- Youth/Adults – through the support of exceptional service and opportunity
- Colleagues/Partners – to work collaboratively towards the development of innovative programs and services
- Employers – by supporting and complimenting the development of a competitive workforce
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities– in the delivery of an effective, accountable and efficient customer driven service within the parameters of continuous improvement
- Region of Durham & County of Northumberland – to sustain it as a great place to live, work and learn
- Durham College – to respect and adhere to Durham College’s Mission Statement and Shared Values regarding Integrity and transparency, Respect, Equality and Diversity, Innovation, and Personal and team Accountability