Posted on: October 5, 2023
1. Graduate from a Personal Support Worker Program.
2. Experience in geriatrics, palliative care and rehabilitation.
3. Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in a retirement home.
4. Ability to speak, read and write English. Must be able to follow oral and written directions
and to do simple arithmetic calculations.
5. Ability to do extensive standing, walking, squatting, kneeling and moving of light objects.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Familiar with ‘Resident’s Rights” and “Code of Ethics”, RHRA and Company Policies.
8. Good physical and mental health and free from communicable disease.
1. Standing for long periods of time.
2. Walking short distances and up/down staircases.
3. Able to complete all physical aspects of job requirements.
4. Reading/seeing documentation both in paper format and on a computer screen.
5. Hearing differences in phone ring tones and/or in fire system horns or alerts for emergency
6. Speaking/communicating to individuals with impairments and disabilities.
1. Assist in the personal care of residents as directed by the Director of Care, Registered Staff or the
Personal Support Worker – Supervisor.
2. Willingness to update and keep current their knowledge of changing regulations, practices and
procedures and training programs
3. Maintain a clean, safe environment in the residence.
4. Work as a member of a team with all other residence personnel.
5. Be knowledgeable of and practice residence’s fire and safety and emergency procedure programs.
1. Provide assistance with daily living care, if applicable, in accordance with established policies,
physicians order and nursing standards.
2. Answer call bells and assist where necessary.
3. Assist residents with personal hygiene and bathing as per schedule and when directed by
Director of Care, Registered Staff or Personal Support Worker – Supervisor.
4. Assist residents with ambulation as needed.
5. Clean, dust and vacuum residents’ suites and common areas of the residence, i.e., lounges,
corridors and elevators.
6. Clean and sanitize residents’ bathroom and all washrooms in the residence, including all fixtures, tiles, floors, vanity and mirrors.
7. Clean rooms vacated by residents and prepare rooms for incoming residents.
8. Clean Windows and screens as required.
9. Collect refuse from residents’ rooms and other areas of the residence and dispose of this
refuse in accordance with set procedures.
10. Deliver and put away resident’s laundry as required.
11. Clean and restock housekeeping cart.
12. Spring Cleaning routine as scheduled.
13. Report malfunctions in equipment and repairs needed to Maintenance Department through the
Maintenance Memo Book.
14. Report concerns about changes in resident’s health conditions to the Director of Care,
Registered Staff or Personal Support Worker – Supervisor as required.
15. Deals courteously with staff, residents, resident families and visitors.
16. Completes daily, weekly and monthly duties as per policy.
17. Assist with serving meals trays and supervise residents eating when necessary.
18. Record ‘private duty’ services to maintain accurate records for “extra charges” if applicable.
19. Notify Office Manager when housecleaning suppliers are low.
20. And other duties as delegated by the Director of Care, Registered Staff, or Personal Support
Worker – Supervisor
21. Aware of roles and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
1. Clean West Shore Village uniform shirt as designated by management
2. Long sleeves are permitted under scrub top and must be able to be “pushed up” to elbow length
3. Black, Dark Blue, or Grey pants – no jeans, no leggings, no yoga pants
4. Scrubable, slip resistant closed toe shoes
5. Minimal amount of jewellery
6. Hair should be clean and neat, shoulder length hair should be tied back when performing
personal care, and a hair net should be worn when in the dining room/kitchen
7. Name Tag
8. No nail polish or artificial nails
9. Minimal scented products
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCity: Port Perry
Prefered method of contact: Email