Posted on: June 15, 2022
The Region of Durham is currently hiring regular part-time Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) for Lakeview Manor, our long term care home located in Beaverton.
As a RPN, you will:
– Administer medications and treatments to residents
– Provide care and support to residents according to the care plan
– Work cooperatively with the other members of the care team
– Participate in care planning, evaluation and documentation
The successful applicant will possess:
– A current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
– Qualifications to administer medications
– Previous experience in a geriatric or long term care environment is preferred
– Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with safe work practices
– Proven communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to follow both oral and written instructions
– Demonstrated empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service for residents
– Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
Hours of Work:
As a part-time RPN, you must be available to work various shifts: Days, Afternoons and Nights. You will be scheduled 2 weekends, up to 3, per month. Schedules are prepared and posted 6 weeks in advance; we do not schedule around another employer’s work schedule.
For more information on how to apply please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
Company informationApply Online URL: https://www.durham.ca/en/regional-government/careers-and-volunteering.aspx
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL