Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Region of Durham is currently looking for regular part-time PSWs for Lakeview Manor, our long term care home located in Beaverton, Ontario.
As a PSW, you will:
– Assist each resident with activities of daily living (ADLs), while promoting their independence
– Provide personal care and support to each resident according to their care plan
– Work cooperatively with the other members of the care team
– Participate in care planning, evaluation and documentation
The successful applicant will possess:
– A Personal Support Worker Certificate from an approved educational institution, consisting of a minimum of 600 hours in duration
– Previous experience in a geriatric or long term care environment is preferred
– Demonstrated compliance with and knowledge of safe work practices
– Proven communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to follow both oral and written instructions
– Demonstrated empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and services for residents
– Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
Hours of Work:
As a part-time PSW, you must be available to work various shifts: Days, Afternoons and Nights. You must also be available to work 2, up to 3, weekends per month. Schedules are prepared and posted 6 weeks in advance; we do not schedule around another employer’s work schedule.
Conditions of Employment:
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within two (2) months from date of hire. Additionally, tuberculosis screening will be required in accordance with the LTCH Act (O.Reg.79/10). Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will also be collected.
In addition, all employees working in a Long-Term Care home are required to be fully vaccinated, or have a valid medical exemption, as defined by the Ministry of Long-term Care, as a condition of hire.
For more information on how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
Company informationApply Online URL: https://www.durham.ca/en/regional-government/careers-and-volunteering.aspx
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL