Posted on: April 21, 2023
The Automotive Parts Back Window Person supports the automotive technicians by finding the right parts using a computerized system. Automotive knowledge and the ability to move quickly and keep track of products are essential.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve technicians and process their requests for parts
- Source products/ parts through authorized suppliers
- Follow established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to the service department
- Match product descriptions to product numbers
- Control and maintain inventory
- Maintain professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming & name tag)
- Follow company, store and department policies
- Follow store health & safety program and observe provincial occupational health & safety regulations; report any observed or potential hazards immediately
- Participate in meetings and all training, as required
- Complete other tasks, as required
Please send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a message detailing the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
If you have any questions and/or want any additional support in your job search please call or text us at 905-261-3771, DC Community Employment Services.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Trades
Major Requirements and Competencies:
Demonstrated automotive subject matter interest and knowledge
Ability to provide professional customer service and employee support
Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Experience with use of an automotive parts lookup system
Ability to complete tasks according to instructions and demonstrate responsibility for outcomes
Organizational ability and attention to detail
Effective written and oral communication skills
Basic math skills
Physical Demands (refers to an 8-hour shift with standard breaks):
Ability to stand/walk for 8 hours
Able to lift 25 kilos or 50 lbs unassisted and carry as required
Ability to lift and turn repeatedly throughout the shift
Ability to lift above shoulder and from floor to shoulder and floor to waist
Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise
Ability to walk and carry at same time & push/pull as required
Able to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level
Company informationCompany Name: Canadian Tire
$16-$20/hr depending on experience.
Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Prefered method of contact: Email