Posted on: October 4, 2023
We are currently looking for Note Takers and Captioners for a variety of academic disciplines. These service providers help students overcome barriers in class to succeed!
Currently, we are looking for candidates able to go to Durham college and Ontario Tech University. Education expertise in all subject areas are welcome with a preference for Math and Sciences.
• Type information on a laptop at a university lecture or in informal, smaller classes like tutorial and labs
• Captioning- creating a transcription using Messenger Pigeon, verbatim of what the instructor said.
• Note taking- recording key information from a lecture. Organized to be used as a study aid, key points and major topics are utilized as major headings
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
We are looking for individuals who have
• Completed post secondary education or about to graduate
• Studied and excelled in a variety of subjects. E.g. Math, English, Sciences, Arts, Business, History, Humanities, Social sciences, Business, Natural Sciences, and more!
• Typing speed of 50+wpm
• Comfortable in an academic environment
• Sensitivity to the needs of people with disabilities.
• Use of own personal laptop
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to analyze and process information quickly
• Able to work independently- being on time, dependable and able to meet deadlines
We require a minimum commitment of one academic semester.
Assignments vary depending on the student’s schedules. Assignments typically take place between 8am – 9pm Monday to Saturday.
Company informationCompany Name: Habitat Learn
Contact Name: Shania Rangayah
Apply Online URL: https://apply.workable.com/habitat-learn-inc/j/EFC1F57B1D/
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL