Posted on: June 8, 2022
Algoma Orchards is a 3rd generation family-run local business who are proud to be known as a leader in Canada’s apple farming and packing industry. As an essential service, we provide healthy food to consumers across Canada year-round.
We are currently looking to add another Permanent Full-Time Licensed Industrial Millwright to our Maintenance Team in our state-of-the-art packing and juice-bottling facility located in Newcastle, Ontario.
Our ideal candidate for the position of Licensed Industrial Millwright will have/be:
- A Licensed Industrial Millwright (344A) with 6+ years of experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving attributes.
- Demonstrated hands on technical skills with respect to Tig/MiG welding, fabrication, machining, pneumatic hydraulics, pumps, motors, gearboxes, chain drives, belt drives, bearings, conveyor systems.
- Knowledge of electrical switches, photo eyes, PLC i/o’s testing voltages, fuses, and overload conditions.
- Physically fit with a high energy level and positive attitude to be able to work efficiently as part of a team, as well as, independently.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work.
- Experience working in a food packaging facility would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (days and afternoons), as well as, extended hours and a rotation of weekends during our harvest season.
What you will do:
- Inspect, install, repair, replace, and adjust mechanical equipment
- Determine the best way of making emergency repairs to minimize interruption of production and ensure equipment stays running
- Preventative and predictive maintenance of all equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose potential mechanical problems and breakdowns.
- Understand Food Safety, and Health and Safety requirements and work within the ministry guidelines with respect to the Industrial regulations
- Contribute to the team and the facility in a positive manner
- Other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: This position works a 2-week rotating schedule of days and afternoons with a rotating weekend on-call schedule during our harvest season in the fall.
Wage: $36.00 – 38.00
For more information please contact our office at 905 697-4472 or apply directly by email to email@example.com.
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://forms.office.com/r/mN3UQe1ud1
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Trades
Company informationCompany Name: Algoma Orchards
What we offer:
• Being part of a great team!
• RRSP matching
• Group Benefits
• Annual Safety Footwear Allowance
• Store discount at our Gourmet Market
• Free on-site parking
• Free Coffee
• Company Events
• Safety Rewards Program
Algoma Orchards is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Prefered method of contact: