Posted on: April 27, 2023
• Be deeply involved in progressive, proactive maintenance routines, with a philosophy deeply rooted in a predictive approach.
• Troubleshooting and execution of identified corrective maintenance requirements.
• Carry out documented work requests and apply corrective action
• Perform assigned work orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance management system (SAP).
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
• Conduct preventive maintenance routines and update maintenance records.
• Interpret electrical code specifications
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, variable frequency drives, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic/pneumatic electrical control systems
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, ethernet and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
• Ensure all job-related operations follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practice), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and health & safety requirements.
• Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
• Completed Post-Secondary education in accredited Industrial Electrician program
• Red Seal Certification (Ontario Electrician license), with proven industrial field experience (3 years or greater preferred).
• Knowledge of the design, techniques and tools applied in electronic and electrical applications, with experience in pneumatics and hydraulics.
• Ability to collaborate with automation engineers.
• Operate production equipment and evaluate performance as required
• Extensive knowledge of plant and process equipment operations.
• Ability to execute planned and scheduled daily tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
• Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and predictive technologies. This includes:
o The use of precision tools such as laser alignment equipment, dial indicators, micrometers, and precision/optical levels.
o The use of testing equipment such as vibration analysis as well as other techniques used in predictive and preventive maintenance.
• Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be capable of meeting the physical demands required to perform the essential duties of the classification
• Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Basic computer skills
• Availability for weekend overtime as production/maintenance demands require.
What’s in it for you?
• Monday-Friday Schedule
• Shift: Rotating days/afternoons
• Opportunity for overtime
• Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date.
• Pension after 1 year of continuous service
• Tool allowance
• All PPE is provided to employees (boots, hearing protection, etc.)
• Support of a union
• Opportunities for growth and training development
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Manufacturing
Company informationCity: Port Perry
Prefered method of contact: