Posted on: October 27, 2023
Entry-level General Labour positions within our Prepared Meats Plant which specializes in baked good products such as quiche, meat pies and sheppard’s pies. Duties may include:
• Largest percentage of time spent packaging finished products into retail boxes.
• Sort, pack, crate, and package materials and products.
• Check and weigh materials and products.
• Transport raw materials and finished products manually or using powered equipment.
• Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (including foreign materials and weight checks).
• Maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
• Cross-training opportunities in other departments/job functions
• Adhere to Product, Food Safety Quality Assurance, and Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Hours of Work
• Monday to Friday
• Occasional overtime opportunities
• Rotating shifts (days/afternoons)
• Approximate shift times are:
o 7:30am -4:00pm
o 4:00pm – 12:30am
What we are looking for:
• Reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time.
• Ability to interact and share information with Team Members at all levels.
• Actively participate in their work group.
• Desire to learn.
• Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment.
• Physically fit and able to lift, push and/or pull weight of up to 23kg (50lbs).
• Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the plant.
Please note completion of a High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position.
Why Choose Maple Leaf Foods?
• Leading Consumer Protein Company
• Competitive Wages: Starting rate is $16.55 with ability to earn up to $19.93
• Afternoon shift premium of $0.55/hour
• Comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
• Pension program
• Referral Bonus Program
• Clean and safe environment
• Personal Protective Equipment provided
• Cross-training and career advancement opportunities
• Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Manufacturing
Company informationCity: Port Perry
Prefered method of contact: Email