Posted on: October 30, 2023
Position Purpose summary:
The Christmas Kettle Worker provides courteous oversight of a designated Christmas kettle in support of the work of the Community and Family Services.
- Ensure the Kettle site is monitored in accordance with the Kettle Guidelines, ensuring the security of donations received.
- Greet and thank donors courteously.
- Respond to questions/queries from potential donors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- This is a temporary casual relief position based on no standard weekly hours of work; there are no guaranteed hours.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts that may include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours may increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
- Required to wear appropriate Salvation Army identification.
- Local travel may be associated with this position.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Related experience is an asset.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Reliable transportation to kettle location.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army positive and professional manner in the community.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Honest, courteous, and punctual; represent the organization in a positive, professional, and engaging manner.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, coaching, and conflict resolution.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Sales/Services
Company informationCompany Name: Salvation Army
Opportunities available in Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle and Orono
Prefered method of contact: Email