Posted on: July 22, 2020
Overview: The Wellness Nurse (RPN) is a key team member of the team. In addition to being a highly motivated and reliable worker, the Wellness Nurse must possess strong organizational skills, must have well established communication skills and possess a strong work ethic. The Wellness Nurse candidate must have initiative, must possess the necessary skills to supervise and motivate PSW/Care Attendant staff and should have significant experience with Microsoft Office software.
· Administer medications using electronic documentation system and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according
to established policies and procedures.
· Assess resident’s condition through recognizing and interpreting signs and symptoms and instituting appropriate
interventions immediately, document on appropriate forms all interventions given and report to the DOC.
· In the absence of the Administrator or Director of Care notify proper authorities in the event of life threatening situations.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with residents, visitors and other departments
· Assist with the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of individualized care to meet the resident’s holistic
needs and promotes and respect the resident bill of rights.
· Communicates resident care needs and changes in resident status to the Director of care.
· Act as shift manager in absence of Department heads. Report non- compliance to the Administrator.
· Completion of an approved practical nursing program with approved scope of practice.
· Currently registered and in a good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario. And registered with designated association
RNAO or RPNAO
· Recent experience working with Geriatrics, long term Care setting or home services considered an asset
· Good oral and verbal communication skills.
· Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
· Is capable of working in a team environment.
· Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
· Current CPR and First Aid certification
· Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
· Two step TB screening
· Annual Flu Shot (Recommended)
For further information regarding this posting, please call us at 905 852-7848 or email us at email@example.com and leave a detailed message with:
- Your Name
- Your phone number, and
- The job title and Job number (ex. U494)
Follow us on Facebook at Uxbridge Community Employment Services – Durham College and Instagram @communityemploymentservices for information and regular updates.
Please note: Our storefront operations are closed at this time; however, we are still operating remotely and are connecting with clients via the telephone and email.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
Company informationCity: Uxbridge
Prefered method of contact: