Posted on: October 21, 2020
Overview: The Wellness Nurse (RPN) is a key team member of the team. In addition to being a highly motivated and reliable worker, the Wellness Nurse must possess strong organizational skills, must have well established communication skills and possess a strong work ethic. The Wellness Nurse candidate must have initiative, must possess the necessary skills to supervise and motivate PSW/Care Attendant staff and should have significant experience with Microsoft Office software.
· Administer medications using electronic documentation system and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according
to established policies and procedures.
· Assess resident’s condition through recognizing and interpreting signs and symptoms and instituting appropriate
interventions immediately, document on appropriate forms all interventions given and report to the DOC.
· In the absence of the Administrator or Director of Care notify proper authorities in the event of life threatening situations.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with residents, visitors and other departments
· Assist with the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of individualized care to meet the resident’s holistic
needs and promotes and respect the resident bill of rights.
· Communicates resident care needs and changes in resident status to the Director of care.
· Act as shift manager in absence of Department heads. Report non- compliance to the Administrator.
· Completion of an approved practical nursing program with approved scope of practice.
· Currently registered and in a good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario. And registered with designated association
RNAO or RPNAO
· Recent experience working with Geriatrics, long term Care setting or home services considered an asset
· Good oral and verbal communication skills.
· Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
· Is capable of working in a team environment.
· Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
· Current CPR and First Aid certification
· Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
· Two step TB screening
· Annual Flu Shot (Recommended)
For more information on how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 289-675-2947. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
Company informationCity: Uxbridge
Prefered method of contact: Email