Posted on: January 9, 2023
REPORTS TO: Waterfront Coordinator
• On-site staff training weekends (May 13, June 17-18)
• Nine weeks of full-time hours (35 hours per week) during summer camp operations (July 4 – September 1)
The Waterfront Assistant(s) are responsible for supporting the implementation of the Waterfront Program, including canoeing activities for staff & participants. This position will help with the monitoring and maintenance of the equipment to ensure safe operation of this program. The Waterfront Assistant should be passionate about working with youth & interested in delivering creative opportunities for campers to familiarize themselves with paddling techniques & water safety. This position requires adaptability, as the Waterfront Assistant(s) will act as float staff members in the event of inclement weather. Likewise, if ever necessary, the Waterfront Assistant(s) may be tasked with temporary leadership of the Waterfront Centre if the Waterfront Coordinator is ever unexpectedly absent.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct support of the Waterfront program for all campers in accordance with weekly themes.
2. Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the Waterfront Centre, equipment & resources.
3. Integrate Scouts Canada’s Outdoor Adventure Skill (OAS) paddling expectations into programming whenever possible.
4. Participation & assistance in staff coverage daily & other duties as assigned.
5. Responsible for the safety and care of each camper in sessions.
6. Write up and follow up on all incident reports as required.
7. Assist in regular caretaking duties to maintain cleanliness of facilities.
8. Support with large-group supervision & operations (e.g., drop-off/pick-up, lunch time, swim time).
9. Assist in the set-up/take down of camp in weekly changeover to weekend user groups when applicable.
10. Assist office staff with organizing early pick-ups for youth as required.
11. Other duties as required.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
1. Minimum 16 years of age.
2. Possesses a current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) certificate valid until September 1, 2023.
3. Direct experience supporting water-based activities (i.e., lifeguarding, swimming instruction).
4. Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
5. Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a close partnership for the duration of the contract.
6. Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
7. Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
8. Strong communication & customer service skills.
9. Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
10. Willingness to complete all necessary training.
11. Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
Company informationCompany Name: Scouts Canada - Toronto Council
Address: 1711 Simcoe Street North
Postal Code:L1G 4Y1
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by January 27, 2023. Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, visit our website: https://www.scouts.ca/
Apply Online URL: https://sites.google.com/ddsb.ca/campsamacstaff2023
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL