Posted on: February 12, 2020
Position Title: Tower Rigger/ Aerial Technician (We are seeking Junior, Intermediate & Foremen Positions)
Department: Field Services
Locations: Bowmanville ON (HQ), Irricana AB, Langley BC
Working at heights of up to 1,500 feet, constructing of all types of tower structures including rooftop sites. Installation of
tower accessories and associated auxiliary equipment. Travel to job locations province wide. Working safely and productively in a team environment producing a high quality of work and service. Use of Winches, Rigging/ Hoisting equipment. Network and site upgrade works, maintenance, emergency call outs, & troubleshooting.
1) Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines.
2) Must be Flexible in regards to hours worked and traveling.
2) Posses a Driver’s license with an acceptable abstract.
3) Must be able to provide a clean police abstract report.
4) Must be able to read blue-prints and drawings/ work orders and RF diagrams in order to successfully complete jobs.
5) Understand the principle of tower erection, self support, monopole and guyed towers.
6) Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations.
7) Working knowledge of fall protection, practices and procedures.
8) Maintain written records and keep organized documentation.
9) Good working ability with computers.
10) Heavy lifting, manual dexterity and proficient use of tools and equipment.
Reading Blue Prints, Operate Backhoe, Operate Boom Truck, Operation of Digital Transit, Foundation Lay Out Experience,
Foundation Lay Out Experience, Tying Rebar/Setting Anchors, Knowledge of Concrete / Pouring / Testing, Dewatering of foundations, Subcontractor Management, Anchor Rod & Bolt Setup, Road Construction/ Landscape & Drainage, Concrete Finishing, Surveying, Backfill & Compaction of Excavation.
Erection of Guy Towers, Assembly of Knock Down Sections, Installation of Torque Arms, Crane Signal Usage, Use of Gin Pole for Tower Erection, Change Out Existing Guyed Tower Members, Alignments Of Guyed Towers without/ without Torque Arms, Torquing Bolts on Structures, Use of Wire Rope in Rigging/Lifting, Capstan Hoist Use,
Transmission Line/Connector Installation, Coax, Fibre, Rigid Waveguide, Elliptical lines, Testing DTF/ RL/ PIM/ BER, Grounding, Microwave install, Alignment, Test, FM, Two Way, Broadcast, Microwave, Cellular, PCS, ILS, MLAT, UHF, VHF, SCADA, Tower Painting, Coatings, Lighting Systems, Tower Maintenance, Electrical, HVAC, Welding, Helicopter Installations, Competent/Quality Workmanship, Ability to Follow Directions, Ability to Communicate, Punctuality, Dependability, Honesty & Good Ethics, Physical Stamina, Ability to Follow Directions, Leadership Ability.
Full Time Hourly pay dependent on skills and experience. We are an established industry leader offering competitive wages
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday and Tuesday 8:30-4:30pm
Port Perry, 231 Water St (Scugog Library), Tuesday & Wednesday 10:00-5:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Labourers/Cleaners