Posted on: May 8, 2019
The Tourism Coordinator will assist with planning, developing and implementing Tourism programs for the Brock Board of Trade, the Township of Brock and local area business stakeholders. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required in addition to the ability to lift 50lbs. The position may require some flexibility in hours due to events or other job-related meetings, but the hours will not exceed 30 per week. Regular hours are: Wednesday – Sunday 10am – 4:30pm (some flexibility anticipated). Contract 12 weeks, 30 hours per week, June 10 – September 1, Wednesday – Sunday
- $14/hour, 30 hours per week
- $0.55/km mileage for trips over 10km
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Brock Board of Trade Member Services Manager with social media and web site updating and content.
- Answers visitor and member questions professionally and efficiently
- Track visitor interactions
- Compose and respond to tourism related email messages.
- Organize and stock tourism related email messages.
- Support Brock Board of Trade marketing and communication efforts.
- Attend tourism-related events where appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the Brock Board of Trade / Brock Township where needed.
The successful candidate must match the following employment criteria:
- Is between the ages of 15 and 30 years;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year; and
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Facebook social media platform.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work independently.
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday 8:30-4:30pm
Port Perry, 84 Water St, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30-4:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCity: Beaverton
Prefered method of contact: