Posted on: March 3, 2023
J.D. Barnes Limited, a leader in the land surveying, mapping and land information industry is currently recruiting for summer contract position in our offices across Ontario.
Summer Survey Assistants gain experience and exposure to land surveying on a variety of work sites with experienced Survey Party Chiefs. This is a great stepping stone to move into other survey positions and gain experience for a career in surveying. Summer employment starts in April/May/June and finishes in late August/early September.
• Operate survey equipment including transits, levels, Total Stations, data collectors, GPS etc.
• Assist the Survey Party Chief with data preparation, measurements and calculations
• Communicate problems, errors, questions and concerns to the Survey Party Chief
• Inspect and maintain field equipment
• Ensure a clean and orderly work environment
• Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Computer/Engineering
• Completion or in progress of completing a surveying or engineering technology program
• Strong mathematical abilities
• Good communication skills
• Experience with land surveying and survey equipment is an asset
This job takes place outdoors in varying weather conditions and environments and demands a certain degree of physical strength as you will be carrying equipment (Total Station, Level, Bars and Stakes) from site to site.
Please specify in your cover letter your preference of office location and if you are seeking summer or permanent employment.
J.D. Barnes Limited offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package for permanent positions and a positive, energetic atmosphere to work in for students and graduates who wish to become part of our team. Interested candidates are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter online by visiting our website: http://www.jdbarnes.com
We thank all applicants however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
o Cambridge/ Kitchener
o Thunder Bay
Company informationCompany Name: J.D. Barnes Ltd.
Please apply through our company website: www.jdbarnes.com
Apply Online URL: https://jdbarnes.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=1438
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL