Posted on: January 9, 2023
REPORTS TO: Camp Warden
• On-site staff training day (May 13)
• One week of on-site training (June 26 – 30)
• Nine weeks of full-time hours (35 hours per week) during summer camp operations (July 3 – September 1)
Our Summer Rangers will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of camp sites, assisting with general repairs & infrastructure improvement under the guidance & direction of the Camp Warden. The Summer Rangers will assist with any special projects in relation to the delivery of Camp Samac Summer Camp and the property at large.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be an effective role model to campers & colleagues:
2. Living the vision, mission, & values of Scouts Canada.
3. Compliance with all rules, regulations, & property safety procedures.
4. Appropriate communication & interactions prior to, during, & after camp visits.
5. Maintaining a clean & safe work environment, & general behaviour throughout the employment period.
6. Assist the Properties team in maintaining facilities to meet Scouts Canada & legislated health & safety standards.
7. Performing routine maintenance such as (but not limited to): cleaning of buildings, washrooms, & program areas.
8. Assist in providing maintenance services for buildings & campsites including (but not limited to) the care of all surfaces & service facilities: painting, basic carpentry, minor repairs, & other related duties as reasonably assigned.
9. Assist in outside maintenance of grounds, gardens, & parking lots, including grass-cutting, trimming, raking, and/or clearing brush, while always acting in a safe manner.
10. Assist with the orderly & secure storage of equipment & tools, ensuring all equipment & materials are cleaned & operating at the highest standards possible.
11. Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover to evening/weekend user groups as required.
12. Timely completion of all necessary grant paperwork.
13. Other related duties as required.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Labourers/Cleaners
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. Possesses Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C) Certification.
2. Basic carpentry skills, ability to operate hand tools, & general knowledge of maintenance procedures.
3. Capable of lifting up to 15kg (30lbs) safely & standing for extended periods of time.
4. Excellent communication & time management skills.
5. Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, and/or weekends as scheduled.
6. Proven ability to work both independently & in a team atmosphere.
7. Must wear closed toed shoes & have a pair of steel-toed shoes/boots for use.
8. Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
9. Willingness to complete all necessary training.
Company informationCompany Name: Scouts Canada - Toronto Council
Address: 1711 Simcoe Street North
Postal Code:L1G 4Y1
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by February 3, 2023. Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, visit our website: https://www.scouts.ca/
Apply Online URL: https://sites.google.com/ddsb.ca/campsamacstaff2023
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL