Posted on: June 4, 2019
The Nourish and Develop Foundation is currently seeking for a dynamic secondary or post-secondary
student who love local good food and enjoy growing and cooking food to assist with our organization’s farm-garden and
Under the supervision of a member of our staff, the Field to Table Assistant will be assuming the following responsibilities:
• Support ongoing internal and outdoor activities such as: harvesting food, processing and preserving of fresh produce, food deliveries, cooking and other kitchen related activities.
• Assist to inform the community about the importance of enhancing local food security and growing and eating locally, preserving the harvest and gleaning from local farms.
• Assist to promote and celebrate local good food eco-system (producer, markets, consumers), encouraging locals to participate on and support the local food actions.
• Assist staff with presentations and workshops throughout the summer to educate and bring awareness to food insecurity in north Durham Region.
• Assist with emergency food delivery activities – food pantry – to various locations in Brock and food pantry days at Nourish Hub.
• Assist with food donations from public and local farmers, including receiving deliveries, assessing quality and value, and storing food.
• Perform other related duties as required.
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Mondays 8:30-4:30pm
Port Perry, 84 Water St, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30-4:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
• Must be between 16 and 30 years old of age.
• Must be available to work 30 hrs/wk. during this summer between 9-12 weeks between June and August.
• Show positive energy and with a demonstrated commitment to grow and/or prepare food.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively with rural and diverse communities’ empathy for people experiencing poverty.
• Strong problem-solving skills and motivation, willing to collaborate and work with others.
• Ability to learn and apply new information quickly, self-driven and ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle considered an asset.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Company informationCity: Cannington
Our business work hours are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some flexibility required. We offer a competitive wage rate of $15.00 per hour. The successful candidate will benefit from a comprehensive training program, quality supervision and recognition of contributions.
Prefered method of contact: Email