Posted on: November 24, 2021
Bass Murphy & Partners is looking for an experienced and highly motivated accounting professional to join a firm that prides themselves on exceptional client services. This role is an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally while having a significant impact on the firms continued growth.
Roles and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and dealing with all aspects of bookkeeping
• Preparation of personal and corporate income tax returns and other returns as needed
• Preparation of financial statements
• Performing all necessary accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards
• Reconcile general ledger accounts
• Prepare and file HST, EHT, and WSIB returns and other bookkeeping tasks as required
• Experience with payroll processes
• Prepare, create and post recurring and adjusting journal entries
• Handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
• Other tasks as required
Employment Type: Full-time
vary on season (around 40)
Field of Work: Other
Skills and Qualifications:
• 0-3 Years of Public Accounting/Bookkeeping experience (preferably at a small firm)
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices, including reporting of financial data
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work towards strict deadlines
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Punctual and self-motivated
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient at Microsoft Office applications, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting (Sage), Profile and Caseware with proven ability to learn new software
• The ability to prioritize and balance responsibilities
• A highly professional presentation and friendly demeanor
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Company informationCompany Name: Bass Murphy & Partners, CPA
Contact Name: Emily Kester
Address: 885 Progress Avenue, Suite LPH 1
Postal Code:M1H 3G3
Telephone: (416) 431-3030
• The location of this position is flexible between Uxbridge & Scarborough.
• Please do not apply if you are attaining your CPA
• Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview
Wages based on experience and skillset
We are looking for a new grad or recent graduate.
Bass Murphy & Partners is an innovative and dynamic full service public accounting firm with Chartered Professional Accountants in Toronto and Uxbridge, serving a diversified roster of clients.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume and cover letter.
For more information about our firm, visit www.bassmurphy.com
Prefered method of contact: Email