Posted on: May 10, 2023
Do you enjoy making nourishing fresh food for people? Have a side of you that enjoys a clean tidy work space? Looking for a place to work that speaks to your heart and your belly? We are looking for a passionate and committed person to be our Short Order Cook in our food hut for the summer and fall season.
Do you enjoy being a part of a team, and contributing to the ongoing success of a local business in your community? If so, then we are looking for you!
- Prepping and cooking the menu items in cooperation with the rest of food hut staff, according to the standards set by Hy Hope Farm
- Grilling, cooking, and frying foods, taking orders & severing dishes to customers, food preparation, and stocking kitchen & food supplies
- Ability to describe and recommend menu items
- Maintaining Food Safety protocol
- Ability to perform opening & closing procedures
- Keep food preparation areas clean, & do dishes as needed
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of previous short order cook experience is considered an asset
- Comfortable being able to work in a fast-paced environment & strong ability to stay focused & calm during busy periods
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Motivated, energetic, positive, outgoing, and flexible with the hours & days of the week available
- Strong work ethic and takes pride in a job well done
- MUST be available to work 8 hour shift, 5 days per week-Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
- MUST be available to work Weekends-both Saturday and Sunday
- Organizational and time management skills
- Adherence to health and safety policies and procedures
Hy Hope is committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Restaurant/Food Services
Company informationCity: North Pickering
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL