Posted on: January 9, 2023
REPORTS TO: Summer Program Director / Assistant Director
• On-site staff training weekends (May 13, June 17-18)
• Ten weeks of full-time hours (35 hours per week) during summer camp operations (June 26 – September 1)
The Senior Programs Coordinators (2 positions) are responsible for the development & delivery of the Leadership Training (LT) & Counsellor-in-Training (CIT) programs, including all program content, related activities & program participants. These positions are also responsible for all equipment, supplies & services necessary for the operation of said programs. This pair must possess strong leadership skills & be passionate about working with adolescents (aged 12-16 years). This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Senior Programs (LT/CIT), including planning new, innovative activities/workshops weekly for adolescents to participate in.
2. Responsible for all supplies and equipment used in the assigned programs.
3. Assist in handling disciplinary concerns involving Senior Programs participants according to progressive discipline principles.
4. Organize participant evaluation systems and debrief 1:1 with all participants.
5. Submit weekly supply requests to the office team or designate.
6. Provide feedback to the Summer Program Director & Assistant Director at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
7. Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover to weekend user groups as required.
8. Coordinate weekly shadowing plan for mentorship opportunities.
9. Communicate regularly with parents/guardians & Senior Staff regarding camper participation & engagement.
10. Support with large-group supervision & operations (e.g., drop-off/pick-up, lunch time, swim time).
11. Provide a final written report at conclusion of season for succession planning purposes.
12. Assist in other related duties as requested by the Summer Program Director & Assistant Director.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
1. Experienced in developing and supervising leadership programming for adolescents.
2. Experienced in working with teenaged youth, including a comfortability supporting youth with sensitive matters.
3. Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
4. Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
5. Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a close partnership for the duration of the contract.
6. Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
7. Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
8. Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
9. Willingness to complete all necessary training.
10. Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
Company informationCompany Name: Scouts Canada - Toronto Council
Address: 1711 Simcoe Street North
Postal Code:L1G 4Y1
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by January 20, 2023. Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, visit our website: https://www.scouts.ca/
Apply Online URL: https://sites.google.com/ddsb.ca/campsamacstaff2023
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL