Posted on: July 18, 2022
The Durham Workforce Authority identifies key training and employment issues in the Durham Region through consultation with various stakeholders in the community. We then work to address those issues, usually in partnership with industry and education.
We currently have an opening for a contract-based Researcher. The researcher is responsible for planning, coordinating, and completing labour market research focused on persons with disabilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead consultation and facilitation of meetings, focus groups, surveys and other means to engage partners and stakeholders in the process.
• Conduct key informant interviews, engage community leaders and key stakeholders in activities leading to the development and implementation of partnership initiatives.
• Network building and outreach to employers, programs, and agencies
• Write a report and strategic plan from the focus groups, key informants and stakeholder engagement sessions
• Research and report writing including literature reviews, report outlines, and recommendations
• Perform analysis and evidence-based research to inform decision-making.
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary degree/diploma
• Demonstrated experience in labour market and academic research
• Proficiency with computers, including the MS Suite, and exceptional MS Excel abilities, Beyond 20/20
• Highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and able to work independently.
• Ability to interact diplomatically and tactfully with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Outstanding, demonstrated communication skills
• Experience working with persons with disabilities in a research capacity is considered an asset
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problem solve, identify trends and related issues, and apply information.
Company informationCompany Name: Durham Workforce Authority
Contact Name: Heather McMillan
Address: 27-1300 King St E
Postal Code:L1H 8J4
Telephone: (905) 438-8916
The Durham Workforce Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous Canadians.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying “Application - Researcher” in the subject line. Applications must be received by end of day, on July 17, 2022. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email