Posted on: May 11, 2022
The Durham Workforce Authority (DWA) identifies key training and employment issues in the Durham Region through consultation with various stakeholders in the community. We then work to address those issues, usually in partnership with industry and education. The DWA is looking for 3 summer research students to support on-going projects.
Reporting to the DWA’s Executive Director, this position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and applicants must be under 30 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, you will assist with:
• Analysis and evidence-based research to inform decision-making
• Completion of literature reviews and environmental scans on priority sectors in Durham Region
• Identification of challenges and opportunities in the planning and research process
• Compilation and analysis of data pertaining to the priority sectors in Durham Region
• Development of graphic representation of local data and associated written explanation
• Network building and outreach to employers, programs, and agencies
• Consultation of meetings, focus groups, surveys and other means – in a variety of formats – to engage with community stakeholders
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Skills & Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information to problem solve, identify trends and related labour market issues, and apply information.
• Post-secondary education, experienced in labour market or general academic research
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to work independently and lead by example.
• Proficiency with corporate software (MS Office, Word, Excel, etc.), including presentation applications (PowerPoint).
• Outstanding communication skills, in particular strong oral and written presentation skills.
• Bilingual (English/French) is not necessary, but is considered an asset
• Access to a reliable vehicle is considered an asset.
Company informationCompany Name: The Durham Workforce Authority
Contact Name: Eric Guernsey
Address: 27-1300 King St E
Postal Code:L1H 8J4
Telephone: (905) 438-8916
Terms of Employment: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Contract Length: Monday, May 30th to Friday, July 22nd
Work Location: Remote - Work from home
The DWA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified men and women, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous Canadians. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Assistant – 2022 Summer Student” in the subject line by 5:00 pm on Monday May 16, 2022. Please, no phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email