Posted on: November 22, 2021
We currently have an opening for a contract-based Research Assistant with a term ending March 31, 2022. The research assistant is responsible for the completion of an updated Labour Market Plan, pulling and disseminating data and development of labour market focused presentations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Research and report writing including literature reviews, report outlines, and recommendations
• Perform data analysis and evidence-based research to inform reports.
• Develop a series of locally focused data sets for presentation at our annual Data Walk
• Extract charts from identified existing reports and write accompanying explanation
• Create custom power point presentations on the local labour market and our Jobs First Durham Tools
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Have or be working towards a post-secondary degree/diploma
• Demonstrated experience in labour market and academic research
• Proficiency with computers, including the MS Suite, and exceptional MS Excel abilities, Beyond 20/20
• Highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and able to work independently.
• Ability to interact diplomatically and tactfully with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problem solve, identify trends and related issues, and apply information.
Company informationCompany Name: Durham Workforce Authority
Contact Name: Heather McMillan
Address: 27-1300 King St E
Postal Code:L1H 8J4
The Durham Workforce Authority identifies key training and employment issues in the Durham Region through consultation with various stakeholders in the community. We then work to address those issues, usually in partnership with industry and education.
The Durham Workforce Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous Canadians.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com, specifying “Application – Research Assistant” in the subject line. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., on Friday, December 3, 2021. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email