Posted on: October 3, 2018
Are you an experienced, confident and energetic Rehabilitation Support Worker, with experience supporting individuals with ABI in community settings?
If so, Community Solutions would like to hear from you. We are seeking a part time Rehabilitation Support Worker that enjoys what they do to join our growing support team; 13.5 hrs per week, plus travel. Shifts are 11:30am to 4:00pm – 3 days per week. The actual days are negotiable.
Our RSWs assist clients with Acquired Brain Injury with such things as activities of daily living, life skills, functional and cognitive activities in their homes and throughout the Bowmanville/Oshawa community. This is not a clinic-based rehabilitation position.
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• Some experience working with ABI. A minimum of one to two years of experience is preferred; not including co-op placements or volunteer work. Ongoing training is provided.
• Acceptable educational qualifications such as: Rehabilitation Support Worker (RA); PTA; OTA; DSW; SSW; Psychology, etc.
• Vulnerable sector check, CPR certification
• Valid full G driver's license, reliable vehicle, current safety check, and 6A insurance (to drive clients throughout the community).
• A good sense of humour, you are fun, and you enjoy the outdoors.
Preference will be given to those living in close proximity to the Bowmanville/Oshawa area. Must be comfortable supporting client in women's washrooms, change rooms, etc., as well as participating in sports/recreation/leisure activities with client, such as swimming, golf, cribbage, euchre, etc.
Please forward your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905-349-3862 and indicate "Bowmanville RSW Position" in the subject line of email or on fax cover sheet.
We thank you for your interest in joining the CSL team, but please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Community Solutions is committed to accommodating individual needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation during the recruitment and selection process.
Company informationContact Name: Meghan Gilligan
Prefered method of contact: Email