Posted on: November 22, 2022
Country Casa Montessori Daycare is looking for a Full-Time Permanent Registered Early Childhood Educator.
Country Casa Montessori Daycare is an award-winning childcare and private elementary academy located in Ballantrae, Stouffville. We believe in providing an enriching experience for every child, which we believe starts with our employees, the heart of our organization. We are looking for a warm and nurturing Early Childhood (Daycare) Assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will work in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment. They have to be flexible and organized; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to effectively interact with young children, parents, teachers, and team members.
We are located in the heart of Stouffville, York Region which is a stone throw away from Uxbridge.
- Looking for a team leader at heart with passion for working with children.
- To ensure that all the policies of the Daycare are implemented in the classroom.
- To facilitate and lead assistant teachers in the classroom.
- To program and facilitate stimulating activities to meet the developmental needs of the children in the current group (ages range of 18 months – 2.5 years).
- To promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of all the children in the group.
- To take into consideration any special needs when programming, willing to accommodate if required with outsourcing.
- To assist and guide each child in the development of proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times by following CCMD’ protocols in place.
- To accept and maintain an open communication with director/supervisor and parents regarding the development of children at all times.
- Work with the guidance of the supervisor and to be open to growth and improvement ( we only want to best for our children and the staff)
- Keep a continuous running record of the development of children/hourly/daily/weekly and monthly logs.
- Have a full understanding of the CECE code of ethics and full awareness of licensing requirements,
- Attend all staff meetings and other participation as may be required
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
Minimum of 1 year experience working in a licensed Daycare setting
Experience supervising and effectively interacting with children 12 months to 6 years old
Ability to work effectively with children, young adults, and faculty members.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
ECE and Montessori Certification an Asset.
Basic knowledge of child growth and development, instructional procedures and practices applicable to assignment, instructional goals and policies of the Montessori philosophy.
Ability to multi-task and follow classroom routines and schedules
Open-minded, teachable, driven and creative
Current CPR/First A Level C certificate and Food Safety certificate
Required health immunizations up to date
Flexible working hours from 7 am to 6 pm
Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record check deemed satisfactory to the company
Reliable transportation (not accessible by public transit)
Company informationCompany Name: Country Casa Montessori Daycare
Address: 15018 Hwy 48
Postal Code:L4A 3B6
Telephone: 905-640-5437 ext 100
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process upon request.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required, by legislation, to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role; however, only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email