Posted on: May 19, 2022
• Ability to communicate effectively, such as ability interpret written materials and job instructions and express yourself when speaking and in writing.
• Multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adhering to company policies with respect to health and safety, food safety and etc.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet production, quality, and job standards; perform work with accuracy and efficiency
• Ability to work with minimum supervision while working as a member of a team in a cooperative and respectful manner
• General housekeeping knowledge: ability to contribute to the maintenance of a clean, safe, and injury-free work environment
• Must be able to keep pace with converting equipment, while standing, bending, gripping, reaching, and lifting on a regular basis throughout the shift
• Ability to safely lift, push and pull heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
Wages: $18.35 – $24.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Manufacturing
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment and with shift work preferred
• Experience in a food packaging manufacturing and/or paper converting environment and knowledge of Food Safety, GMP's, and HAACP considered an asset
Company informationCompany Name: McNairn Packaging
Contact Name: Kathy Jackson
Address: 125 Consumers Drive
Postal Code:L1N 1C4
Telephone: (905) 668-7533
Come and join McNairn Packaging and become part of a fast-growing environment converting paper to food packaging products for major players in the food service, supermarket, bakery, and food processing markets.
We’ve been in operation for 140 years; focused on sustainability, innovation, excellence in customer service and continuous process improvement. This makes us well positioned to service our distributors and accounts across North America while meeting the social, economic, and ecological needs of present and future generations.
You will be responsible for operating and maintaining machinery and performing packaging operations safely while adhering to established Food Safety, GMP's, HAACP and other manufacturing policies and guidelines.
We are an essential service manufacturing facility that operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week; ability to routinely work 8-hour rotating shifts and 40-hours weekly is required.
McNairn Packaging Benefits:
• Training Provided – Recent Graduates/Students Welcome
• Competitive Starting Wages and Rapid Increases
• Shift Premiums and Overtime Opportunities
• 100% Company Paid Extended Health and Dental Coverage
• Life Insurance and STD/LTD Coverage
• Group RRSP (up to 5% matching)
• Service-Focused Vacation Entitlement (up to 5 weeks)
• Safety Shoe Allowance and PPE Provided
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
Prefered method of contact: Email