Posted on: May 15, 2023
GFL Environmental is looking for a Plant Labourer to support our Liquid side of business out of our Bowmanville, ON site. The Plant Labourer will be primarily responsible for day-to-day operations with respect to waste receiving, handling, processing and disposal. The labourer will load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers.
• Receive all client waste – both bulk liquids/solids and containerized
• Take samples from waste vehicles and containers for lab analysis
• Load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers
• Operate plant machinery and assist with general maintenance
• Assisting in waste treatment and waste water treatment methods and processes
• Assist with preparing shipments of hazardous and non-hazardous waste for transport
• Gain a full understanding and working knowledge of the company’s standard operating procedures (SOPs), and ensure they are followed
• Notify the Shift Supervisor/General Manager of any defects, damages, mistakes, errors, contamination, spills, other incidents or accidents that are identified
• Document and report completion status of work assigned by the Shift Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Previous hazardous and non-hazardous waste management experience is an asset
• Previous experience operating air diaphragm pumps and bulk liquid transfer systems is an asset
• Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs
• Valid G License with a good driver abstract.
• Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
• Propane forklift experience/certificationis an asset
• Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment
• Must be comfortable working in a mostly outdoor environment
• Emergency response availability including evenings and weekend.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Trades
Company informationCompany Name: GFL Environmental
Contact Name: Alice Kerimova
Address: 100 New Park Pl Suite 500
Postal Code:L4K 0J3
Telephone: (437) 771-4578
Apply Online URL: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/gflenv/Careers/job/Bowmanville-Ontario/Plant-Operator_R5089
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL