Posted on: September 10, 2019
We are a culturally diverse, heart-centered staff group with strong values of equity, respect and inclusiveness for all people. If those values describe you as well, please check out our current job postings!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive benefits
- Personal satisfaction
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- A diverse workforce representative of our communities
- Recognition of excellence through an awards program
- Annual staff appreciation event that you won’t want to miss!
What You Will Do:
- The Part-time Community Support Worker will carry out all duties in accordance with established routine of the home or program location. You will be responsible for providing support to person(s) who have an intellectual disability to live, learn, work and participate in the community, in order to promote and encourage independence and to exercise citizenship and self-determination.
What We Need:
- Values driven individuals;
- Post-Secondary Education in Behavioural Services, Developmental Services, Social Services, Personal Support Worker, Recreational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, etc. or equivalent experience is an asset;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma required;
- G Class Driver’s License is required with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Previous experience supporting persons of various ages and abilities is required;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the developmental services sector is considered an asset;
- Demonstrates developmental services sector core competencies;
- Ability to lead others/leadership skills/model, direct and mentor colleagues;
- Capable of fostering independence in others;
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday and Tuesday 8:30-4:30pm
Port Perry, 231 Water St (Scugog Library), Tuesday & Wednesday 10:00-5:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Medical/Health
Company informationCity: Uxbridge
Prefered method of contact: