Posted on: April 27, 2023
Are you looking for a job that allows you to work and play in nature and with animals all day in a unique environment?
Do you want to be part of a team that supports children, youth, and young adults with a variety of needs?
Are you under 30 years of age?
If you said YES to these 3 questions… this full time 9-week summer contract may be just what you are looking for!
Schedule: 30 hours per week (schedule to be negotiated with successful candidate)
Duration: 9-week contract (June-August 2023)
Pay Range: $15.50-17.00 per hour
Location: Roslin, Ontario
Who we are: Dragonfly Care Farm (DCF) is a non-profit therapy farm in Roslin, ON with a mission to give children, youth, and young adults the support, strategies, and space to conquer life’s challenges. Clinicians at DCF harness the healing and calming powers of nature-based care farming, horticulture, animal assisted therapy and woodland management to support their clients’ physical and mental health.
What we are looking for: A friendly, reliable, and engaging individual who loves nature, the outdoors and helping children and youth and who would thrive in DCF’s ever-evolving, creative and natural environment. Someone with a passion to be part of building and growing a new, grassroots, non-profit organization!
What you will be doing: Assisting with the day-to-day running of all aspects of Dragonfly Care Farm:
• Working alongside DCF staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of nature and animal-based therapeutic programs on site (with individuals and small groups)
• Act as a host and facilitator for all visitors on the farm with a focus on promoting each participant’s success, enjoyment, and maximize inclusion and participation.
• Carry out daily care and clean-up tasks (including property, garden and forest management and animal care)
• Hands on tasks to work towards the continued improvement and development of DCF programming areas including undertaking larger facility enhancement tasks and forest and trail improvements.
• Taking an active role in the inner workings of a small, grassroots non- profit including social media marketing, program design and administration, etc. (depending on successful candidate’s interests and knowledge.)
• Adhering to all DCF programs’ policies and regulations.
• Carrying out any other responsibilities as designated by the DCF staff.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
Who you are:
• A Canadian citizen between the ages 15-30 years of age (position funding requirement)
• Someone with education and/or practical experience working with children with a variety of needs in summer camps, child and youth programs, social work, therapeutic environments, ECE settings, teaching, or related fields.
• Experience with small animal handling and care and/or horticulture skills (ie. planting, grounds and forest management, watering, weeding, and harvesting) would be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and plan, organize, implement, and lead outdoor program activities.
• Willingness and physical ability to work outdoors in seasonal conditions and on various surfaces.
• Not scared to get your hands dirty working in the garden, forest and with the animals.
• An interest in the power of nature and animals to calm, heal and connect us with the world around us.
• Able to obtain and submit a clean Vulnerable Sector Check (upon offer of position)
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email by May 12, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company informationCompany Name: Dragonfly Care Farm
Contact Name: Breanne Mathers
Address: 3589 Shannonville Rd
Telephone: (613) 922-8387
Prefered method of contact: Email