Posted on: May 11, 2022
The Durham Workforce Authority (DWA) identifies key training and employment issues in the Durham Region through consultation with various stakeholders in the community. We then work to address those issues, usually in partnership with industry and education. The DWA is looking for a summer marketing student to support the development of specialized training for local stakeholders. This will include assisting in the creation of marketing materials, campaigns and strategies using various tools including social media.
Reporting to the DWA Executive Director, this position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and applicants must be under 30 years of age as of the employment start date.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a communications plan that is project-specific and includes social media
• Create profiles of community partners
• Update employer, marketing and media contact lists
• Assist with the creation of marketing materials
• Provide advise on creative marketing and promotion
• Writing, and posting blogs
• Online marketing (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various other social media platforms as required)
• Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, videos and various materials
• Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Skills & Qualifications:
• Sound knowledge and understanding of marketing principles
• Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and ability of applying to marketing principles
• Time management, fixing priorities, organizing skills, attentiveness, accuracy in performance.
• Exceptional organizational, time management, interpersonal and planning skills.
• Good working knowledge of social media
• Polite and tactful telephone manner.
• Access to a reliable vehicle would be considered an asset
Company informationCompany Name: The Durham Workforce Authority
Contact Name: Eric Guernsey
Address: 27-1300 King St E
Postal Code:L1H 8J4
Telephone: (905) 438-8916
Terms of Employment: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Contract Length: Monday, May 30th to Friday, July 22nd
Work Location: Remote - Work from home
The DWA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified men and women, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous Canadians. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply to email@example.com with “Marketing Assistant – 2022 Summer Student” in the subject line by 5:00 pm on Monday May 16, 2022. Please, no phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email