Posted on: December 19, 2022
The Manager of Assets is a full-time position responsible for implementing standards of service excellence with the primary responsibility of ensuring YMCA facilities are clean and well maintained at all times and supports the delivery of a high-quality member service experience.
This hands-on role is responsible for the development and implementation of a fully integrated cleaning plan, a comprehensive preventative maintenance program, including asset refurbishment and
facility projects and the operation of all aquatic and camp seasonal programs. This role has a direct reporting responsibility to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provides hands on leadership to the Building Services team to ensure a clean, safe and well-maintained facility.
- Supervises a diverse full-time and part-time cleaning team of approximately 10 -15 staff and volunteers including, hiring, training, scheduling, payroll and performance evaluation and correction.
- In conjunction with operational requirements, co-ordinates, prioritizes and assigns internal and external trades for repairs and maintenance activities to be performed on equipment and building systems.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, oversees the effective management of the facilities physical assets ensuring optimum equipment reliability, uptime, economic life cycle of assets, safety, building audits and on-going compliance as required, including oversight of selected Capital projects.
- Develops and implements scheduling and monitoring of preventative maintenance schedules including all relevant documentation and record keeping.
- Manages departmental operational budgets, provides input to capital and expense budgets on an annual basis.
- Orders supplies and materials as required and processes all payments for goods, contracts, and services.
- Develops and sustains good member, staff, volunteer, contractor, and supplier relations; acts as a role model for staff and volunteers on a daily basis.
- Participates in front line duties and scheduled Team Leader shifts as required.
- Provides leadership to the indoor/seasonal pools and spa operations regarding compliance and general maintenance needs.
- Implements and utilizes YMCA SAM standards (training will be provided) throughout the YMCA Northumberland facilities.
- Participates in and co-chairs the Health & Safety Committee.
- Collaborates with peers and provides consistent delivery of supply and services in line with association and department policies or initiatives.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
• Two Years Post-Secondary education preferably leading to the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation or equivalent is recommended along with five years building operation, proven trade experience or certification in one or more of the following
- Mechanical & HVAC systems
- Operation of a BAS control system (understand, troubleshoot and adjust)
- Pool operations CPO/BPO (required or obtainable)
- Health & Safety worker certification (required or obtainable);
• 3 years relevant work experience in building Operations and/or Maintenance and cleaning processes and procedures
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• 3 years proven supervisory and budgetary management experience
• Computer literate in email, and basic word/excel software
• Possesses a strong work ethic and strong organizational and planning skills
• Certified in Standard First Aid and CPR
• Experience with Health and Safety requirements
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check will be required as a condition of employment
Company informationCompany Name: YMCA Northumberland
Contact Name: Lynne Caffin
Address: 339 Elgin St., W.
Postal Code:K9A 4X5
The position requires the successful incumbent to be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends, school breaks and holidays dependent on program
The YMCA will provide all required safety training and endeavors to adapt to meet everyone’s needs to create an inclusive environment. It should be noted that this position will require physical labour, lifting,
working with a variety of materials and working at heights, among other manual tasks which will be reviewed with the successful incumbent.
Primarily inside work, however, depending on specific situations there may be a requirement to work outdoors and/or unfavourable conditions from time to time such as boiler room, duct/ventilation areas, confined areas, as well as conditions involving extreme temperatures; stair climbing, extended periods standing/walking.
Prefered method of contact: Email