Posted on: April 27, 2023
Position title: Machine Operator/Tumbler & Packer
Reporting to: CNC Supervisor
Type of position: full-time, permanent
Location: Markham, ON
Summary of Business:
Amphenol (www.amphenol.com) is a Fortune 500 Company and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of interconnect products. We design, manufacture, and market electrical, electronic, and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems. The primary end markets for our products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone, and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail, and other transportation and industrial applications.
The immediate issues facing the successful candidate are developing a comprehensive understanding of blueprints and meeting quality requirements and production rates. Due to the nature of this position, we need someone confident and alert who would be best suited for this position. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a high-pressure environment. The performance will be measured by meeting production rates and meeting quality demands. Opportunities for advancement and growth could be an operator, set-up operator, CNC setter, Lead hand, then management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Meet Run Rates as per the Process routing sheet
• Complete paperwork as required.
• Notifies lead-hand / Setters of discrepancies.
• Ensures all documentation requirements are met, i.e., S.P.C, Precision records, and Timesheets.
• Ensures accuracy of parts prior to leaving the workstation
• Clean parts using the automated ultrasonic cleaner
• Deburrs Parts, tumble & pack
• Must be prepared to work Continental Shifts – days/nights if needed
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed work environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices
• Must be prepared to work on a very tight timeline
• Perform Duties as instructed by Team Lead
• Maintains superior housekeeping of machine, work area, and plant facilities
Why Work for Us?
• Competitive pay
• Progressive employee incentive plans
• Excellent benefits coverage, including health, dental, vision & travelers’ insurance
• Health Care Spending Account
• Company pension plan
• Amazing people to work with
• Challenging projects to sink your teeth into
• A flat and transparent organizational culture
• Talent development – we invest in your growth!
• Company Recreation Club offering fun draws with exciting prizes, summer BBQs, holiday parties & more!
Join the Amphenol family!
Amphenol Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted about a job opportunity, you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed fairly and equitably. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Manufacturing
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Strong knowledge of inspection & measuring equipment
• Ability to use a computer
• Attention to detail due to inspection requirements
• Teamwork and good communication skills
• High School Diploma
• CNC training courses
• Mechanically Inclined
• 1- 2 years experience in CNC Machine or Manual machine
Aspects of Position:
• Must be prepared to work the midnight continental shift
• Growing company
• Fast-paced environment
Company informationCompany Name: AMPHENOL CANADA CORP.
Contact Name: Evangeline Petrovits
Address: 5950 14th Ave.
Postal Code:L3S 4M4
Telephone: (416) 754-5664
Prefered method of contact: Email