Posted on: December 13, 2022
Clarington Home Hardware Building Centre is seeking a full-time Lumber & Building Materials Project Estimator. This specialized sales position ensures accurate project bidding and chasing new commercial and residential construction business. The role also ensures excellent service is provided to our largest clients, either over the telephone or in person.
- Interprets tender specifications, tender drawings, and prepares proposals for submission;
- Performs quantity take-offs and prepares estimates for change orders and change directives;
- Assists contractors with their information/product requirements in the store or over the telephone;
- Builds professional relationships with contractors;
- Processes the sale as per policy, including explaining cash or financing options for the customer, locates product on the computer;
- Coordinates deliveries in a timely, professional manner with drivers and yard staff;
- Monitors inventory levels, performs inventory counts, and highlights inventory concerns. Makes recommendations to resolve stock outs and/or move excess stock through the system;
- Resolves contractor complaints and objections including investigating, interpreting policy, and taking the appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Participate & organize special events for contractors;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Service
Starting wage $50,000 annual salary
For more information on this job please contact our office at 905 697-4472 or register for our services and a staff member will contact you.
Field of Work: Sales/Services
Proven sales record;
Proven ability to quote building material take-offs;
Minimum 3 years of work experience selling building materials and working in construction industry;
Must have experience reading blueprints;
Self-motivated, initiate sales tasks without assignment;
Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple contractor accounts;
Great communication and interpersonal skills to be able to assess customer requirements and make recommendations;
Strong attention to detail;
Flexible availability based on store needs (includes days, evenings and weekends);
Computer skills and researching capabilities an asset;
Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment.
Company informationCompany Name: Durham College Employment Services
Address: 219 King Street East, Unit 4
City: Bowmanville, ON
Postal Code:L1C 1P7
Telephone: 905 697-4472
We are screening resumes on behalf of the employer.
Prefered method of contact: Email