Posted on: January 24, 2023
North Durham United FC is inviting applications for the role of a program lead coach to manage the delivery of our youth recreational soccer programs for age 4 – 15 yrs.
This 16-week seasonal position guarantees 30 hours per week and is well-suited for a post-secondary student pursuing a career in sports, recreation, education, and/or youth programming. Managing the soccer program delivery and field facilities, this position includes active coaching, program administration tasks, supervision of a team of staff coaches, coach education, curriculum updates, customer service and player development. Requires evening hours for a minimum of 4 nights per week, leading one summer camp, and two Saturday tournaments, in addition to weekday non-coaching hours.
Term of Work: May 23 – Sept. 8, 2023; 16-week seasonal position; 30 hours/week; daytime, evening, and occasional weekend shifts are required; wage of $25/hour. One position available for programs operating in Uxbridge and Port Perry, ON.
Duties: Lead Coach will assume an integral management and coaching role in the delivery of the North Durham United FC summer recreational youth soccer program for the U4 through U15 age divisions. In alignment with Ontario Soccer’s Long Term Player Development model, the position will include administration, coach/program supervisor skills development, and player development. The role is responsible for imbuing an environment that focuses on increasing the skill level of all players; developing a high standard of coaching and coach training; fostering sportsmanship and lifelong benefits of soccer; and being a resource and educator for all club coaches, on-field volunteers, and the club management.
Areas of responsibility include:
o Structure and preview weekly practice sessions in cooperation with program supervisors and staff coaches; coordinate staff meetings to provide program curriculum, session updates & receive direction.
o Participate in training and development of staff and volunteer coaches.
o Conduct coach and player assessments; communicate club expectations, protocols, and procedures to all those in coaching roles.
• Coach Education:
o Promote and conduct a variety of coaching clinics and information sessions as required and train volunteers as coaches and team managers.
o Mentor and manage those undertaking coach certification programs; provide coach development and direction, including provision of additional resources or training.
o Be available at the fields for coaches and volunteers requiring assistance or feedback; provide supervision and direction to staff coaches, in collaboration with club administrators.
o Develop/enhance practice curriculum for each age division in digital format.
• Facility Management:
o Assist with equipment set up and training on use of same; provide facility leadership, program administration and direction at the fields (parent questions, uniforms, field schedule, referee management, facility open/close); oversee general field conditions.
• Player Development:
o Assess training and developmental needs of all player age divisions and regularly assess player development status.
o Adjust programming and mitigate any issues in program delivery; monitor and document a minimum skills level for each age division.
o Motivate players and coaches with positive encouragement and reasonable goals; contribute to club communications; plan and promote year-round soccer programs for coaches, volunteers, and players.
• implementation of the 4-evening weekly youth recreational soccer program in collaboration with, and under the supervision of, club administrators
• motivate and guide player skill and sportsmanship development
• provide field supervision and monitoring public for program compliance (including any special mandates)
• administrative work to compile statistics, update core curriculum, provide documentation and complete assessments and reports related to membership, volunteers/coaches, player development and club communications
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
• leadership skills and mentorship abilities
• problem solving/communication skills
• customer service knowledge: previous experience working with membership groups and parent groups is an asset
• mature, responsible, enthusiastic, and organized
• working knowledge of soccer programming and coaching techniques; preference given for those with prior soccer experience (recent player or coach)
• qualifications considered an asset: Ontario Soccer course certifications - Making Ethical Decisions, Learn to Train or Soccer for Life, Emergency Action Plan, Concussion Awareness, Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
• willingness to obtain coaching and health & safety certifications (provided) and a vulnerable sector background records check
• demonstrated experience and interest in working with youth and the public
• excellent administrative, coordination, and communication skills
• own transportation to facilities in Uxbridge and Port Perry is required
• must be a Canadian citizen, between the ages of 16-30 and eligible to work in Ontario
Company informationCompany Name: North Durham United Football Club
City: Uxbridge & Port Perry
must be a Canadian citizen, between the ages of 16-30 and eligible to work in Ontario
Posting will remain open until February 5, 2023. Soccer season opens May 29, 2022.
Please apply by email with a resume and covering letter describing your experience, interest, and qualifications with subject line: Lead Coach, Recreational Programs
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prefered method of contact: Email