Posted on: August 26, 2020
Perform general laboratory and housekeeping duties including report analysis results and coordination with production personnel.
• Prepare and clean glassware required for sample analysis
• Perform routine sample preparation and analyses employing ICP, GC, Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter and other instrumentation.
• Manage and maintain various data management systems.
• Assist with discrepancies of incoming and outgoing materials.
• Maintain accurate analysis, maintenance, and production records.
• Review analytical reports and ensure that outgoing materials meet disposal site parameters.
• Assist other facility operators as needed, provide technical assistance to customers via site visits, sampling and assisting with the classification of waste materials.
• Complete Certificates of Disposal and Summaries of Analysis as required
• Perform lab packing and de-packing duties.
• Bulking / blending of small quantity waste chemicals
• Assist with the coding and shipments of Lab-Pack materials.
• Complete all necessary paperwork to complete job including acquiring signatures as required.
• Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance to GFL Environmental Inc. transportation standard operating procedures, and government regulations.
• Conduct yourself in a professional and cost effective manner at all times.
• Maintain a clean appearance at all times
• Abide by the rules and requirements while on customer or GFL property.
• Provide assistance in Emergency Spill Response (ER).
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Trades
• Environmental or Chemical Engineering Technician or Technologist or related Diploma
• Previous lab, sales and industry experience is an asset
• Competent computer skills (MS Windows and Office)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment
• Must be safety conscious and detail oriented
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to follow procedures and work with minimal supervision
• Willing to work overtime, and continental shift work
• Valid G License, DZ license an asset
• Good driver abstract/CVOR abstract
• Good physical condition,
• Knowledge of TDG, Reg. 347 and Ontario Health and Safety Act an asset.
Company informationCompany Name: GFL Environmental
Contact Name: Zul Qazi
Address: 100 New Park Place #500
City: Vaughan, ON
Postal Code:L4K 0H9
Telephone: (905) 326-0101
Prefered method of contact: Email