Posted on: December 18, 2019
Are you an effective communicator, resourceful, technical, and punctual?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Field Technician. This individual will work Monday-Friday, with some Saturdays and Sundays on rotation, and on-call opportunities.
Willing to train the right candidate, however previous experience is preferred.
● Installation of cable and wireless network infrastructure as well as cable drops and modems.
● Troubleshooting and repairing basic to intermediate issues with customers’ equipment and networks.
● Provide professional and effective onsite maintenance of equipment at customers’ homes and tower sites.
● Will be required to work outside throughout the year, including temperature differentiation and precipitation.
● Local travel to customer homes and tower sites in a company vehicle.
● Working with computers and operating diagnostic equipment, vehicles, hand tools, power tools, and ladders.
● Understand and adhere to all policies and standards (OHSA and company policies).
● Communicate closely with the support team in a fast-paced environment.
● Provide exceptional service to customers.
● Appropriately document completed service calls and installations.
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday and Tuesday 8:30-4:30pm
Port Perry, 231 Water St (Scugog Library), Tuesday & Wednesday 10:00-5:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Field of Work: Sales/Services
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Basic knowledge of computers and networking (IP)
● Valid G class licence and clean drivers abstract
● Transportation to and from the office.
● Ability to learn fibre colour codes
● Comfortable climbing and working at heights of up to 300ft, on ladders, roofs, and tower, standing for extended periods of time, and lift/carry at least 30lbs.
● Working at heights/fall arrest training.
● Provide some PPE and basic tools - hard hat, steel toe boots, safety glasses, reflective wear, drills, wrenches, hammers, etc.
● Strong customer service, ability to work under pressure, technical ability, organization skills, and problem-solving skills
Company informationCity: Various Locations
Advanced Requirements - preferred but not mandatory:
● Experience installing, maintaining, and repairing cable and wireless networks is a plus
● IT experience
● Wireless functions, fibre, or cable
● Fixed wireless troubleshooting
What we Offer:
● The chance to perfect your customer service skills
● Competitive wages, based on performance and experience
● Benefits after probationary period
● Additional wages for on-calls
● Yearly tool allowance
Prefered method of contact: In Person