Posted on: June 8, 2022
Algoma Orchards is a 3rd generation family run local business who are proud to be known as a leader in Canada’s apple farming and packing industry. As an essential service, we provide healthy food to consumers across Canada year-round.
Our local state-of-the-art packing and juice bottling facility in Newcastle, Ontario is currently looking to hire a Baker for our Year-Round Gourmet Market. This position will be full-time June until the end of October, then part-time November through May.
This position reports to our Gourmet Market Manager.
Our ideal candidate for the position of Baker will have/be:
- Previous bakery experience preferred, a baking education is desirable
- A desire/experience to create and bake items from scratch
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (Gourmet Market is open 7 days a week throughout the year 9am – 6pm, bakery starts at 6am)
- A friendly, outgoing and positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Reliable and punctual with own transportation
- Works well with others
- Be able to bend, crouch, kneel and stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Good organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Have a passion for food and our products so you can knowledgably handle sales and customer enquiries
- Food Handler Certification
What you will do:
- Adhere to all Food Safety and Health and Safety Protocols and work in a safe manner
- Work regular shifts in our bakery, baking both prepared and “from scratch” items, packaging, pricing and displaying of items, as well as, clean-up of department each day
- Assist in receiving and storage of products
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide assistance in other areas of the store as required, including cleaning duties, stocking shelves, replenishing displays, and pricing of items
Schedule: We are open 7 days per week throughout the year so shifts will include and applicants must be available weekdays, weekends and holidays. We are looking for candidates who are available to work full-time June through end of October (5 days, 8 hours per day) and then 2 – 3 days per week, 5 – 6 hours per shift for November – May.
For more information please contact our office at 905 697-4472 or apply directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://forms.office.com/r/mN3UQe1ud1
Field of Work: Restaurant/Food Services
Company informationCompany Name: Algoma Orchards
What we offer:
• Being part of a great team!
• RRSP matching
• Group Benefits
• Store discount at our Gourmet Market
• Free on-site parking
• Free Coffee
• Company Events
• Safety Rewards Program
Algoma Orchards is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Prefered method of contact: