Posted on: August 18, 2022
This role is responsible to the Receiving Supervisor, the Store Manager and the Board, and reports directly to the Store Manager. This role assists the Receiving supervisor in distributing donations and directing receiving volunteers . The Receiver supervises the reclamation and distribution of quality goods.
The Receiver will:
- serve clientele with dignity, professionalism and respect
- supervise volunteers to follow and adhere to receiving and safety procedures and guidelines
- assess the strengths and abilities of volunteers under supervision and delegate tasks appropriate to skill level.
- report to management any issues that affect safety or productivity of the receiving department staff and volunteers.
- display a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
- display a generally good appearance and professional behavior
- possess excellent verbal communication skills
- possess excellent skills of organization and prioritization
- be a self-motivator who can work with little supervision
- provide guidance to receiving volunteers and employees
- work in the receiving bay.
- politely reject unsatisfactory items
- unpack and check goods received against BfM standards
- distribute satisfactory goods to corresponding departments
- provide attention to detail and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and volunteers
- be knowledgeable about the products accepted for donation, and offered for sale in the store
- Perform daily or delegate appropriately the following daily duties; empty rag container into collection bin; empty electronic recycling into outdoor storage container; empty garbage cans into dumpster; deposit garbage packed in boxes onto the truck for delivery to the dump on designated days, collapse cardboard for recycling and bring donations in from outside before locking up for the night.
- Inform Supervisor or Manager in a timely manner if rag or electronic pick up is required
- lock dumpster, electronic recycling and rag trailer, or ensure they are unlocked as appropriate every night and morning
- check parking areas and ticket cars not belonging to BfM volunteers or staff
- when time permits and in the absence of volunteers, test electronics and/or electrical items, clean donated items to maximize sales value
- perform other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Store Manager or Receiving Supervisor
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Labourers/Cleaners
Be available to work Monday to Saturday with Friday and Sunday off.
Ability to endure standing for long periods of time
Ability to lift boxes and furniture weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
Must have safety footwear.
Company informationCompany Name: Durham College Employment Services
Address: 219 King Street East, Unit 4
City: Bowmanville, ON
Postal Code:L1C 1P7
Telephone: 905 697-4472
Prefered method of contact: Email