Posted on: September 2, 2020
- Coordinate and service visits to the food pantry.
- Prepare and place food orders and coordinate deliveries or pickups when necessary.
- Interact with clients, donors and volunteers in a professional, grateful & respectful
- Unload, sort and stock food in shelves, track food donations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and the organization of food storage facilities. This includes breaking down boxes, carrying out trash/recycling, keeping work areas clutter-free, and checking food expiry
- Load and deliver or coordinate pickups for food outreach points. Track for statistics.
- Coordinate with food processing staff to process excess and expiring food and to prepare required meals.
- Assist in the development of a promotional strategy to secure food
- Screen and register potential clients and inform eligible individuals about the food
- Distribute information to food access clients and encourage their participation in our
- Assist in the development and facilitation of activities (i.e. workshops, outreach, etc.) related to healthy eating.
- Work with the Social Supports coordinator to meet clients’ needs
- Assist in the collection of clients’ data (i.e. Link2Feed) and evaluation efforts, as needed by
- Attend regular staff meetings, trainings and other committee meetings, as required. Other duties as assigned
- TNDF employees are required to submit a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Screening upon
- Able to perform physical work such as lifting boxes (up to 50Lbs) and stacking food
- Hold a Valid Ontario driver’s license. Use of own vehicle may be required if the TNDF van is not available.
- Follow and actively promote the mission of TNDF and always adhere to safety procedures &
- Ability to communicate in English and be able to use a computer efficiently (emails, excel, word).
- Experience working with marginalized populations and people experiencing
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, professionalism, confidentiality, and ability to be
- Working knowledge of health promotion strategies and local community
- Program development, evaluation, and group facilitation
- Related education in food/nutrition plus 1-3 years relevant experience in community-based food access programming considered a relevant
Posting closes midnight on Sun. Sept. 20th 2020
For more information on how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-852-7848 and leave a message with your name, phone number, and position you are interested in applying to and someone will get back to you shortly!
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCity: Cannington
Prefered method of contact: