Posted on: April 26, 2023
North Durham United FC is inviting applications for field manager positions to assist with the facilitation of our youth recreational soccer programs for players ages 4 – 15 yrs. This position is conditional on funding and is open to applicants between 17 and 30 years of age.
The Field Manager is responsible for organization and management of logistics at the recreational youth field locations during the summer soccer program nights and for on-site public relations. This position is responsible for the open/close of park facilities, site safety, oversight of program set up, operation, and equipment takedown at fields. This position will ensure that sessions and games are being executed to Club Standards. The role involves communication with parents, the public, and players, and also involves handling member inquiries. In addition, the role will participate in public event management, public relations and some media management for the Club.
This 12-week seasonal position offers 30 hours per week and is well-suited for a post-secondary student seeking a career in sports, recreation, education, and/or youth programming. Assisting with administrative and on-field aspects of the soccer programs, this position will require evening hours for 4 nights per week (Monday – Thursday) and two Saturday tournament events, in addition to daytime hours weekly of administrative and media assignments. Working as part of a team, under the guidance of the soccer club’s administrator, this role provides great experience in sports and media management.
Term of Work: May 29 – Aug. 19, 2023; 12-week seasonal position; part-time hours of 30 hours/week; flexible daytime hours and evening hours of 5:30-8:30pm, Monday to Thursday, plus two Saturday events are required; wage of $17/hour. Two positions available, one for each program operating in Uxbridge and Port Perry, ON.
• Monitoring of weekly program plans & schedules
• Manage staff hours at the fields
• Equipment set up/strike, storage, and inventory
• Administrative tasks at field – may include uniform distribution, directing public to fields, parent questions, club representation, troubleshooting, first aid
• Referee management at the field
• Field maintenance, may include field preparation, garbage, signage
• Facility reports
• Event management (festival/tournament preparation and coordination)
• Creation of media content for the programs (photography, videography, social media, web, newsletters)
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Other
• Previous soccer or sport experience is considered an asset
• Previous media management experience (photography, social media)
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Outgoing and engaging
• Mature, responsible, enthusiastic, and organized
• Ability to manage staff and public inquiries
• Mentorship abilities
• Volunteer management experience is considered an asset
• Willingness to obtain health & safety certifications and a vulnerable sector background record check
• Demonstrated experience and interest in working with youth and the public
• Excellent administrative, project management, and communication skills
• Own transportation to facilities in Uxbridge and Port Perry is required
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
• Must be a Canadian citizen, between the ages of 17-30 and eligible to work in Ontario
Company informationCity: Uxbridge
Interviews begin week of May 8
Prefered method of contact: Email