Posted on: September 14, 2018
Site Lead will be responsible, with the EarlyON team, to plan and evaluate the delivery of core services within Ministry of Education, Northumberland County and Best Start Network guidelines and policies. The team will also develop partnerships with other agencies to deliver segments of core services. The site lead will be responsible to ensure implementation of core services at their site and to assist in implementation at other sites. This will include direct delivery of the Early Learning core service and the coordination with the team, EarlyON Coordinator and partners to deliver other services. In some instances, the Site Lead will be responsible for the delivery of all of the core services at their site.
1. Site Leads will work together to plan, implement and evaluate all of the core services as well as the development of community partnerships. To ensure that all EarlyON service delivery and support programs are consistent with this development, planning and evaluation across all Northumberland County
2. To provide quality EarlyON drop in programs that reflect “How Does Learning Happen” pedagogy, engaging parents/caregivers and children at the EarlyON site and when required at outreach sites, or other EarlyON sites.
3. To work in a multi-disciplinary team with community partners to provide parents/caregivers with support and information on pre and post-natal supports and programs, child development, parenting, nutrition, play and inquiry-based learning.
4. To respond to parent/caregiver concern about their child’s development and to make connections /referrals as necessary following EarlyON protocol and policy.
5. To assist in the development and implementation of EarlyON communication strategy to ensure parents have timely, accurate and helpful information regarding other services and supports for children and families, including specialized services.
6. To participate in targeted outreach programs as planned by the EarlyON team.
7. To participate in the collection of data, evaluation of programs, services and team function per the EarlyON process and policy.
8. To follow agency policies and to follow all Northumberland County EarlyON policies on marketing, quality assurance, and other policies developed by the EarlyON team.
9. Hours Monday to Friday 8:30 – 12:30, Thursday evenings 4:30 – 7:30 and alternate Saturdays 8:30 – 12:30. Team Meeting held in Cobourg – currently Tuesdays 2:00 – 4:00. Hours to also include EarlyON staff meetings, professional development and EarlyON community events that may occur outside of regular scheduled staff hours.
10. Rate of pay will be determined on successful candidates experience and education.
11. Northumberland County Children’s Services will support the EarlyOn site leads with professional development and training specific to the job requirements.
12. Site Leads will be employees of Beehive Daycare. We offer health benefits after probation period and mileage.
13. Site Leads may be considered for supply staff at one of Beehive Daycare’s two child care sites
Wages: $17.00 – $19.00 an hour
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
Member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators or demonstrated commitment to becoming a member
Acceptable CRC and Vulnerable Persons Check
Infant /Child First Aid and CPR
Must have valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to work independently
Company informationCompany Name: Beehive Daycare
Contact Name: Brenda Battman, RECE
Address: 35 Centre Street
Telephone: (705) 653-5375
Only those being considered for interview will be contacted. Please email resume, cover letter to Brenda Battman, RECE
email@example.com. Position to start by September 4th, 2018
Prefered method of contact: Email