Posted on: October 28, 2022
EarlyON Centres are welcoming and inclusive environments offering a wide range of high-quality child and family centred services. These services are developed and provided by Community Partners collaborating to build on the four foundations of “How Does Learning Happen”: Belonging, Well-being, Engagement and Expression.
The EarlyON Outreach Educator position is a partnership between the County of Northumberland and YMCA Northumberland. The EarlyON Outreach Educator’s program function will be directed as noted below by the EarlyON Site Lead at each location. YMCA Northumberland will be responsible for training including Occupational Health and Safety/WHMIS, AODA, Child Protection Standards, site specific mission/vision/values and other legislative requirements. Confidentiality sign offs will be required both at the Agency and the County levels.
As a contributing member of the EarlyON team, the EarlyON Outreach Educator will be responsible, with the team, to plan and evaluate the delivery of core services within Ministry of Education and the County of Northumberland’s guidelines and policies. The EarlyON Outreach Educator will be responsible to ensure implementation of core services at a specific site. This implementation will include direct delivery of the Early Learning core service and coordination with the team, EarlyON Site Lead and partners to deliver other services.
- To be an effective member of the EarlyON Team, Site Leads will work together to plan, implement and evaluate all core services as well as the development of community partnerships. To ensure that all EarlyON service delivery and support programs are consistent with this development, planning and evaluation across all Northumberland County
- To provide quality EarlyON drop in programs that reflect “How Does Learning Happen”? pedagogy, engaging parents/caregivers and children at the EarlyON site and when required at outreach sites, or other EarlyON sites.
- To work in a multi-disciplinary team with community partners to provide parents/caregivers with information on pre and post-natal supports and programs, child development, parenting, nutrition, play and inquiry-based learning.
- To participate in targeted outreach programs as planned by the EarlyON team.
- To participate in the collection of data, evaluation of programs, services and team function per the EarlyON process and policy.
- To follow Agency policies and to follow all Northumberland County EarlyON policies on marketing, quality assurance, and other policies developed by the EarlyON team.
- Hours to include some evenings and Saturdays as well as EarlyON staff meetings, professional development and EarlyON events that may occur outside of regular scheduled staff hours.
Field of Work: Other
• Member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or demonstrated commitment to becoming a member
• Clear Police Records Check with the Vulnerable Sector
• Valid Infant /Child First Aid and CPR – Level “C”
• Valid Driver’s License and use of own vehicle
• Knowledgeable of current best practice, in the pedagogy of Early Learning and Care, including “How Does Learning Happen”? “Think Feel Act”, College of ECE “Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice”.
• Best practice in engaging families
• Awareness of community services including children and family services and supports
• Infant/child growth and development
Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
• Experience in an Early Learning and Care site
• Experience working with families, agencies and other social services
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently
• Reflective practice and self-directed learning
Company informationCompany Name: YMCA Northumberland
Contact Name: Cindy King - Coordinator, Children’s Services
Address: 339 Elgin St. West
Postal Code:K9A 4X5
• Primarily inside work with outside work dependent on the specific job function requirements and program offered
• Flexible work week based on service offerings and staff availability and will include weekdays, evenings and weekends as required.
• Travel to multiple sites/locations
YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please submit a letter of application and resume by Friday November 11th, 2022 to:
Cindy King - Coordinator, Children’s Services
YMCA Northumberland, 339 Elgin, Cobourg, Ontario K9A 4X5
Prefered method of contact: Email