Posted on: February 9, 2023
Bowmanville Taxi is looking to hire 2 part-time dispatchers.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and dispatching taxi bookings, ensuring that taxicabs are dispatched to pick up passengers in a timely manner by monitoring their progress through an automated dispatch system and communicating with drivers if there are any issue along the way. Taxi dispatchers are also responsible for handling customer service inquiries.
- Greet passengers over the phone;
- Communicate with passengers and drivers to arrange taxicabs to be dispatched immediately or at a specific time;
- Provide drivers with significant information about orders and requirements;
- Provide knowledge and information to customers about fares, estimated wait-times, and other important detail regarding their ride;
- Prioritize calls, monitor routes to completion, and support drivers as necessary;
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information and providing solutions.
Employment Type: Part-time
Field of Work: Sales/Services
• Substantial customer service experience
• Highly developed decision making and problem-solving skills
• Proven conflict resolution skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work autonomously and a part of a team
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Work quickly and accurately with the ability to multitask.
• Sound knowledge of Clarington and surrounding areas.
Company informationCompany Name: Bowmanville Taxi
• 8-hour shift
• Typically, two eight hour shifts weekly
• Opportunity for more hours in the future upon availability.
*Must be available for a variety of shifts. Being a 24 hour / 7 operation, the ideal candidate would be open to different work schedule and/or different shifts outside of normal office hours*
Work Location: On-site exclusively (169 King st E, Bowmanville, Ontario).
Prefered method of contact: Email