Posted on: April 20, 2022
Organization: Ministry of Finance
Division: Tax Compliance and Benefits Division
Job Term:1 Temporary assignment/contract up to 18 months
Job Code:06OAD – Office Administration 06
Salary:$23.06 – $26.63 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad – definitionsPosting Status:Open Targeted
Do you have strong administrative, communication and organizational skills? If so, join the Investigations Section within the Compliance Branch where you will provide case file, financial and administrative support.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• create and distribute standard client letters and other correspondence as required;
• maintain hard copy and electronic client filing systems, in accordance with standards, including accepting and transferring files, assembling and inserting file materials;
• maintain the equipment room, including the electronic log for checking equipment in and out;
• assist with the maintenance of fleet vehicles, including transporting vehicles for service or cleaning;
• perform financial and procurement & operational activities for the unit;
• provide administrative support to senior management and the unit;
• prepare case documents for disclosure, including copying, scanning, typing and case data input and prepare disclosure packages and exhibits for distribution to crown and defence counsel.
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Office/Clerical
How do I qualify?
Administrative Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of administrative practices and procedures to prepare correspondence, process invoices and establish and maintain filing systems.
• You have financial knowledge and experience to order and maintain office supplies, reconcile invoices, maintain PCard accounts, and resolve account discrepancies.
• You have knowledge of records management procedures and standards.
• You are proficient with computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Pro).
Communication, Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills:
• You have interpersonal, customer service and oral communication skills, including tact and diplomacy, to answer telephones/greet visitors, clarify and explain procedures, provide routine information about the program area and liaise with internal staff.
• You have written communication skills to prepare routine correspondence and other documentation.
Problem Solving, Organizational and Time Management Skills:
• You have problem solving skills to identify and resolve discrepancies related to incoming correspondence, invoices and reports.
• You demonstrate organizational and time management skills to coordinate arrangements for meetings, travel, and conferences, determine priorities and to follow-up in a timely manner, and to complete multiple tasks within tight time frames
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Company informationCompany Name: Ontario Public Service
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Development Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Effective, January 1, 2022, the updated salary range for this position is $23.29 to $26.90 per hour in alignment with the recently ratified OPSEU Unified 2022-2024 collective agreement.
How to apply:
You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, May 2, 2022 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario's Human Rights Code.
Apply Online URL: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL