Posted on: December 13, 2022
Bon Air Long Term Care Residence is looking for a Dietary Aid
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values – a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since our home was established we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door is open.
A day in the role of a Dietary Aide at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence
Under the direction of the Food Service Manager/Food Service Supervisor at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, Dietary Aides perform designated work and cleaning routines for the Dietary Department.
As a Dietary Aide at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence, you will be responsible for the preparation of the meals directed by the cook for individual residents. This is not your typical dietary aide role, because as our dietary aide you would be working toward making a difference with the rest of the organization in each and every resident’s life. Other responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Participate in departmental and town hall meetings
- Receives verbal/written endorsement regarding changes in resident status
- Ensures open communication between staff and other team members
- Encourage participation in the Home’s committees/teams
- Reports observations to Food Service Manager/Supervisor relating to resident care and others (food preferences, likes & dislikes, intake)
- Mentoring new staff and students
- Support and promote a team approach
- Ongoing delivery of customer service with staff, residents, families, and the general public
- Ensuring optimal quality of life for each resident by the delivery of individualized resident care
- Report faulty equipment and ensure removal from unit
- Completion of documentation record of every shift (food temperature, freezer, fridge, sanitizer, dish machine, equipment checklist audit)
- Required to understand the nature and meaning of quality indicators used by the Home and to understand which indicators are publicly reported. To participate in the improvement of the indicators and achieve satisfactory results.
- Utilize equipment and supplies within budgetary constraints
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated Job Task Inventory.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Restaurant/Food Services
At Bon Air Long Term Care Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Bon Air Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
• Must have a Food Service Worker Certification or is currently enrolled
• Or must have held a Food Service Worker (Dietary Aid) position at a different LTC home without meeting the updated qualifications set out in the Regulation, on the condition that the person has had (3) years full-time experience in the position during the (5) years immediately before being hired at the different LTC home or the equivalent part-time experience in the position during the (7) years immediately before being hired at the different LTCH home.
• Or must be an Apprentice Cook, Institutional Cook, Assistant Cook or must have entered into registered training agreements in the trade of Cook, Institutional Cook or Assistant Cook and must complete the program within the specified time period of being hired
• Food Handler Certification given by Public Health or a certified agency
• Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred
• Ability to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments
• Able to work flexible hours, such as emergency situation
• Be knowledgeable of Ministry of Health, Public Health and Facility’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19
Company informationCompany Name: Bon Air Long Term Care Residence
Prefered method of contact: Email