Posted on: January 9, 2023
REPORTS TO: Day Camp Coordinator
• On-site staff training weekends (May 13, June 17-18)
• Nine weeks of full-time hours (35 hours per week) during summer camp operations (July 4 – September 1)
The Day Camp Counsellors are responsible for the implementation of the Day Camp Program for campers, encouraging adventure, enjoyment, and the development of new skills and interests. Day Camp Counsellors are responsible for developing weekly programs for, and the supervision of, participants aged 5-13 years. This position requires passion for working with youth and an interest in supporting the Senior Staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, coordinate, and conduct program activities with their assigned camper group.
2. Instruct participants in various outdoor skills as assigned (i.e., fire building, shelter building, orienteering, knot tying, archery).
3. Cooperate with other staff and assist in the organization and supervision of camp activities and special events.
4. Weekly submission of any supply request forms to the Day Camp Coordinator or designate.
5. Responsible for the safety and care of each camper assigned to their group at all times.
6. Write up and follow up on all incident reports as required.
7. Assist in regular caretaking duties to maintain cleanliness of camp facilities.
8. Responsible for the general maintenance of camp equipment and supplies assigned to group.
9. Assist office staff with organizing early pick-ups for youth as required.
10. Timely completion of all necessary grant paperwork.
11. Communicate regularly with parents/guardians & Senior Staff regarding camper participation & engagement.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
1. Minimum 16 years of age.
2. Interested in creative program planning for children (aged 5-13 years) in a recreational setting.
3. Familiarity with basic camping skills.
4. Ability to work with a variety of workstyles among young adults.
5. Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C) certificate.
6. Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
7. Strong communication skills with an interest in developing personal leadership abilities.
8. Values constructive feedback and opportunities for professional growth.
9. Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
10. Willingness to complete all necessary training.
11. Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
Company informationCompany Name: Scouts Canada - Toronto Council
Address: 1711 Simcoe Street North
Postal Code:L1G 4Y1
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by January 27, 2023. Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, visit our website: https://www.scouts.ca/
Apply Online URL: https://sites.google.com/ddsb.ca/campsamacstaff2023
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL