Posted on: July 8, 2020
At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services … online, in person and by phone.
Our vision is to make Government better through service excellence and innovation. Our Mission is to design and deliver excellent services and solutions and to champion service delivery transformation.
If you strive to provide customers with a positive service experience and thrive in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career as a customer care representative may be for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide comprehensive information services in English and French to a diverse base of customers, including the public and business community, by telephone and/or through mail, Internet and email
• Provide interpretation of guidelines, directives and procedures
• Provide guidance and support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information, and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution
• Maintain files and electronic database systems
• Produce a variety of reports and correspondence
• 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 40 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region, Criminal Record Check
• 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 40 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region, Criminal Record Check
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
• This ad is also available in French.
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Field of Work: Office/Clerical
• You are proficient in English and advanced level oral French (for the bilingual positions only)
Customer Service and Communication Skills
• You have experience providing customer service responding to inquiries, providing advice and information, and resolving customer issues in a high-volume, customer service or call centre environment
• You are a clear, concise oral communicator and can ask appropriate questions to better understand customer inquiries
• You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence
• You have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
• You have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to probe for information, assess situations and determine appropriate course of action
• You can effectively analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
• You demonstrate judgement and tact when interacting with customers
Collaboration and Organizational Skills
• You have flexibility and collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met
• You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views, ideas and opinions to help make decisions
• You have planning and organization skills to organize and prioritize workloads
• You have general knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
• You have demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, etc.) in order to determine whether or not information can be disclosed to customers
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
• You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information
• You have administrative skills and can accurately maintain filing systems
Company informationCompany Name: Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Contact Name: ServiceOntario - Contact Centre Services Branch
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 151394 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Apply Online URL: www.ontario.ca/careers
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL