Posted on: December 23, 2022
You are a motivated, mature, and energetic individual, attracted by the values-based culture of a leading charitable organization in your community. You value a workplace that offers you opportunities for personal challenges and growth. You possess the ability to reinforce standards that will enhance and build upon existing service and quality measures. You display a strong work ethic, have the ability to manage change within a growing organization and are committed to working as a member of a “team” to build an association that strengthens families and communities. You demonstrate excellence in customer service, and an ability to effectively communicate the vision of YMCA Northumberland through promotion of membership, programs and services.
Reporting the to the Manager-Health, Fitness and Aquatics, the Coordinator, Aquatics will coordinate and supervise the day-to-day operations of the aquatics department with a focus on the delivery of high-quality YMCA programs. This will include planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs. The Coordinator, Aquatics in collaboration with the Team Lead-Indoor Aquatics and Training and Team Lead-Youth and Aquatics, will provide leadership, instruction and motivation for aquatics staff in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures, as well as provide swim instruction and lifeguarding as necessary. They will create a safe and positive atmosphere which promotes member safety, engagement, and satisfaction. They know and exhibit the YMCA Mission through programs that strive for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The core function of the Coordinator, Aquatics for the summer months will be focused on the Cobourg Beach Waterfront Aquatics as well as seasonal pools, while supporting the Team Lead-Indoor Aquatics and Training and Team Lead-Youth and Aquatics, with the indoor pool.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
- Responsible for the direct supervision and management of staff in the Aquatic department(s), with an emphasis on the Cobourg Beach in the summer months.
- Works collaboratively with Manager, Health, Fitness and Aquatics to ensure YMCA service standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that SAM standards are being met or exceeded.
- Supervise aquatics programs to ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
- Develop relationships with members and obtain regular feedback on programs.
- Ensure records of staff certifications are up-to-date and complete.
- Assist in the delivery of aquatics programs, instructions, and staff trainings.
- Responsible for monitoring program registration, scheduling staff accordingly and maintaining wait lists
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Maintains pool logs, pool updates, and incident reports.
- Responsible for completing the aquatics program/lesson scheduling, responding to daily public inquiries about Aquatics Department(s) and other regular administrative tasks with the support of the Team Lead-Indoor Aquatics and Training and Team Lead-Youth and Aquatics and oversight of the Manager Health, Fitness and Aquatics.
- Development and maintenance of the Aquatic budget; meeting financial targets.
- Responsible for preparing and facilitating the SAM 2.0 Annual Members Survey, as well as the Parent Satisfaction Survey.
- Responsible for preparing, facilitating and reporting on Staff Surveys.
- Responsible for providing session participation statistics.
Company informationCompany Name: YMCA Northumberland
Contact Name: Cathy Tedford
Address: 339 Elgin
Postal Code:K9A 4X5
• Primarily outside work dependent on the specific job function requirements and program offered
• Flexible work week based on service offerings and staff availability and will include weekdays, evenings and weekends as required.
YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please submit a letter of application and resume by Friday January 27, 2023 to:
339 Elgin, Cobourg, Ontario K9A 4X5
Please note that interviews will begin before the closing date.
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email