Posted on: January 23, 2023
As a Climbing Arborist with Davey Tree; you will be in the field and up in the canopy most of your day with a hands-on approach to tree and vegetation management. You will deal directly with the public and will draw on your expert knowledge and experience to ensure the job is done right and on time.
• Perform work in the canopy of the trees at various heights.
• Operate as an active crew member with support from the ground crew and crew leader.
• Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients.
• Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy.
• Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems.
• Removal of hazardous trees.
• Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
• Assist the trimmers and foreperson in job site setup, debris removal and cleanup.
• Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
• Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities
• Full time. Year-round employment.
• Seasonal positions also available
• Excellent Benefits package and RRSP Matching Program
• Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
• Employee Referral Program and other employee perks
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
With residential tree service offices across Canada, Davey and our employees are dedicated to providing all aspects of professional tree care for our customers. Davey Tree arborists live and work in your community. Our widespread team allows us to build a relationship with our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Trades
• Understanding and implementation of the process of safely ascending tree canopies at all heights.
• Minimum 1 year of climbing experience.
• Certified Arborist or willingness to work towards.
• Strong tree, knot and shrub identification skills.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and Airbrake endorsement considered an asset.
• Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
• Preferred background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping.
Company informationCompany Name: Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada, Ltd.
Address: 151 Industrial Park Road
Please email resume to email@example.com
Prefered method of contact: Email